British people of GAG, do you pronounce the word 'games' like this?

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1CebRq8X9zP
^^ me saying it

This dude says it like that @2:24

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that it's specifically that dude's accent, I don't think that I say it like that but I never really noticed! :P

• 12d

Just FYI he has a fairly generic accent. I know it's not the "classic" accent but it's a fairly region neutral accent.

• 12d

It's a southern accent but it's not region specific. Take a southern London next to an Essex or Kent accent and you won't match at all. I know England is a small place but it is possible to have a generic southern accent without a region specific place.

I have a southern twang/accent but I'm not southern.

• 12d

Just FYI you can have generic midlands, southern and northern accents. There was distinct accents to all places but a generic means you don't have that particular sound.

What Girls Said 1

• Yes?

He's just saying "the games". The way he said it at the start is he same.

I don't see what's unusual? Games isn't a particularly different word - I've never ever heard someone say it like you. No offence but you sound Spanish with your mouth full of food, or like you've been challenged to say it 17x faster

• 12d

probably because its your accent and thus don't recognize how different it sounds

• 12d

When my internet is with working I will record myself saying the games for you. I have a fairly non-region accent. My boyfriend says I'm posh but that's because he has both a northern and southern twang.

My mother is from Kent which is famous for the barth and grarss accent. My brothers have it, I don't. I take after my father.

What Guys Said 0