To Gamers, what about First Person shooters makes them fun for you?

They are very popular and yet i just don't see the appeal.

What makes it fun for you?

What Girls Said 2

• I like shooting things. I like the speed at which they go. In a good shooter the mechanics of how the gun works, aiming and a good clean head shot along with all the sounds are very satisfying to me.

Im not saying that shooters are better than any other game and you may have some of the same feelings about the games you like. Im just saying why it appeals to me. DIfferent people have different tastes. It doesn't appeal to you, but something else does and thats what makes gaming such a vibrant and interesting industry.

• Winning, but I'm so bad at shooters. I played Last of Us completely without shooting except for the part with the bow and deer since you kinda have to.

What Guys Said 2

• I haven't played an FPS --- or any game for that matter xD --- in YEARS, so the last FPS I played was the ORIGINAL, very first "Call of Duty" game made for the PC (and its expansion pack "United Offensive") in the early 2000s:

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/41/Codbox.jpg

I wouldn't say it's my favorite genre, but the appeal is probably the same appeal that any action game has, but with the immersive "first-person" aspect of it. That was the fundamental appeal since the very beginning of the FPS genre, with "Wolfenstein 3D" lol: you see real life in first-person view, so it makes you feel like you are in the world of the game in a way that no other genre does (although other genres have their own strengths that FPS games do not have).

For example, when the first "Call of Duty" came out, the property was supposed to be a more "serious" experience that made you feel like one of the soldiers in iconic war movies like "A Bridge Too Far", "The Guns of Navarone", and "Enemy at the Gates".

• They're competitive... big reason why I love Halo.