Can a man have good looks/be handsome, good fashion, aesthetics and still be masculine or does he need to be ugly to be masculine?

If a guy is handsome, people call him feminine. If he has class/good fashion he is called "foppish". If he has aesthetics he is called "unmanly". Why does a man need to be ugly to be masculine? Why can't a man be handsome, have class, have aesthetics and still be masculine? I thought physical attractiveness, class/good fashion, and aesthetics are unisex traits. I thought having aesthetics like a strong body, strong jaw, hollow cheeks, dense bones/nice bone structure, nice rugged skin, handsome face etc is considered masculine and attractive. I think if a man is handsome, has class/good fashion, has aesthetics, he should still be masculine.

Most Helpful Girl

• You can be handsome, dress classy, have good hygiene and grooming habits and still be manly. There is a huge difference between all of that and being feminine. When I think of a feminine man I look more at his mannerisms.

Most Helpful Guy

• a man being masculine is him being who ever he wants to be and owning himself and beauty and looks is not unmasculine or masculine it is simply beauty men are masculine if they choose to own that and not because of how they dress look or what they

What Girls Said 2

What Guys Said 5

• he can have that.

but it makes a huge difference he's got his imprint from his father.

we can safely assume at least 1/3 of society is rasied by single moms or with a surrogate father whho isn't the best father figure.

couple that with societys feminising influence on men...

parents matter the most.

• A man doesn't need to be ugly to be masculine. Who the hell thinks like that? Whoever thinks like that is clearly a moron. I have been called pretty boy but no one called me feminine or unmanly just because I look good.

• Happens with me all the time. I am so overdressed I will beat over 100 people on the street with my style. I do groom my self pretty well. take care of my hair and skin and pit BB cream. sometimes it can be projected as feminine and some girls might assume you are gay and have gay guys hitting on you.

• it's attitude and habits. there is nothing masculine about looks

• 14d

So a man has to look ugly to be masculine?

• 14d

show me where I said that please. I said there is nothing masculine about looks. that means that you can be masculine no matter what you look like

• a lot of women like guys who look like girls

• 14d

Being handsome, having good fashion and having aesthetics doesn't make a man look like girl.