Agree or disagree: the deciding factor in the 2016 wasn't whether the candidate was liberal or conservative but pro or anti establishment?

• Agree
  • Disagree

Most Helpful Girl

• Kinda? I mean neither of the main two candidates were really anti-establishment, it's just that one was perceived as being more a part of the political establishment. But I do think this election as a whole kinda speaks to Americans' distrust in politics and politicians. I mean, during the republican primaries in the fall of last year, the top three candidates were all non-politicians. So yes, I think a major influence in this election was people's distrust of the political establishment. But I don't actually think Trump is genuinely anti-establishment, just perceived that way.

What Girls Said 2

• Maybe in the perception of some voters; but both candidates were the establishment. Both are The Man. It take some real mental back bends to actually see Trump as anti establishment when his interests are literally those of big business, namely his own. He's a rich capitalist. At least Hillary was willing to take on some of Bernie's popular policies if only to increase her popularity

• Ofc it was. At least for me. As a liberal I voted for trump because I didn't trust Clinton.

What Guys Said 3

• Not really. It was basically do you want to vote for a psychotic lying retard or a pathological liar?

• it may have played a part, but I don't know if I would call it the deciding factor

• It was about who do you trust to make your life better.