How does one love everyday with the knowledge their loved ones could die anytime?

The thought often haunts me. That the ones I hold close to my heart, the few they are... That I could loose them. I know one day they will leave this world as will I. That I may have to go on without them. But if one left tomorrow u don't know how I could go on. Does anyone else understand this troubling thought? Help me

What Girls Said 1

• Great question and that is the EXACT reason you love everyday. I understand that love is scary for his same reason but it's why you wake up and say god I'm going to love this person today!

I lost my father while he was still young and a best friend. And this may sound stupid but even my dog, I wonder about her getting run over chasing a squirrel and you want to think oh I should never let her off leash.

I just make sure the people I love know I love them and that I treat them well. We are all dying it is just a matter of when.

If you live a good life you will bury many people. You're sad because they won't be there for you anymore and that is a sadness that is easy to overcome if they led a long life.

Absolute heartbreak is losing a child young or someone like a lover really young. Every birthday you have after that rips you open because it's another year you lived and they didn't. you think at Christmas Jim would be this old and thisnis what his kids would probably look like.

But it's life man, you just hold your loved ones closer and love them that much more. When my Dad died suddenly I never saw an ounce of pain on my grandmothers face, not because she wasn't broken by it but because that is what we needed.

You're stronger than you think.

What Guys Said 4

• Here you go. The knowledge of being mortal is what makes everything have meaning. That in and of itself is the true meaning of life. It's is precious because it can be lost/taken. Value is a word, as true value is felt from the heart and comes from a billion different perspectives. No two people see the same thing. This is the answer to the question and people see it every day. The meaning of life is to be here and be thankful for what you've got. The real meaning comes from within and the being thankful.

• That's the thing. We all die. So why not love everyone while you can? That's better than constantly worrying about death. I get that when it's a loved one it has a harsher effect. But knowing that you loved the person and that person loved you back keeps your heart intact.

• The thought used to worry me but you should focus on living everyday as if it was your last. Your life, and your loved ones are not guaranteed tomorrow.

• because thats how life is. I guess thats why we need to make sure our loved ones know we love them