Do guys play hard to get? Or are they just not interested?

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope, most guys don't have self-confidence issues like girls, we go after what we want. He most likely isn't interested or he liked you at first, and lost interest at some point.

What Guys Said 40

• Not all guys play hard to get or aren't interested. Sometimes it's worry about
    being rejected in the end, some of us are real shy, some of us can't open up
    to a girl.

• Yes but not often... At least of the people I know of... It may sound funny coming from a straight man such as myself but, men are like dogs usually... If you offer them food, they will get it... Know what I mean? If they know someone is interested, and they are too, they will go for it immideatelly... If they don't, just not interested...

• The closest you'll get to a guy playing hard to get is one that follows the stupid 3 day rule for texting. Usually guy's don't really care, if we like a girl we'll let her know unless we're shy.

• Some might, but they may actually just be unsure of the girl. Girls can be very confusing when it comes to thus stuff which makes guys hold back.

• 12d

@steveguitar.. you're totally right!! I feel at times that i dont give my crush enough vibes to purse or talk to me.. because im so unsure of him.. cause i feel he likes me but may be too shy.. i dont know really.. what do you think?

• 12d

@LoveJones1 no problem, I have to say though I have very little experience, only failure lol, hope that doesn't burst the bubble. But I am a fairly shy guy so maybe I did help

• 12d

you're fine. You helped a lot and confirmed a lot on things that i should do that other people have advised me to do..

• I don't think there are many guys who would play hard to get. Whats the point? If someone Im interested in, shows interest, why not just let them know?

• 12d

I agree but many people think acting uninterested makes them seem more valuable. supply & demand.

• most guys do not.

• It depends on the female, sometimes the girl could be playing head games and the guys don't like that so they play the games back and give you a taste of your own medicine

• I personally wouldn't, but sometimes it's so hard for guys to notice when a girl likes them so it could easily be that too.

• Depends on the guy

• Most likely they're not interested. Occasionally they can "play it cool" to avoid being seen as too eager.

• None of us intentionally play 'hard to get.' It usually means we restrain ourselves from sounding needy or pushy as the girl doesn't show any interest. Or that we genuinely have no interest in a girl.

• just lose interest

• If we know she's interested, we might. I think most guys wouldn't though. More likely he's not interested.

• I never understood "playing hard to get." I mean, what's the point? and isn't this 90% of the reason sexual harassers who "won't take no for an answer" exist?

• Are u good looking and cool? They play hard to get it have a girlfriend

Are u not so good looking? They are prob not interested

• Lack of interest.

• Sometimes we play hard to get to test if you like us back. And I've heard girls want guys who they can't get easily.

• Some guys do but I never saw the point of it.

• For some guys like myself, we'd almost never see if a girl is interested. It just doesn't get through some of our thick heads.

• Primarly, I'm not interested. IF she's interesting, it depends on her character, if I'd play hard to get or not.

• Guys play hard to get very often.

• Men dislike women who play hard to get, why would we do that exact same thing that we hate?

• I don't play hard to get. I don't think I've seen a guy do that

• I don't know i don't think a lot of guys play hard to get I would by waste my tim d the only ones who do that are the player types

• we don't play... that is the difference :) girls play hard to get to make the guy interested... we don't

• In my opinion, 99,9% of us dont play hard to get. We just dont like the girl. Plain and simple.

• I have, to be a dick, lol but... I generally don't anymore.

• Certain kind of guys might be into that. Very few are actually like that.

• Playing hard to get achieves nothing. It's retarded

• Most likely he's not interested

• More from Guys
    10

What Girls Said 13

• If a guy played hard to get with me I'd just assume he felt indifferent towards.

I'd lose interest in him cos I need to know where I stand with someone. If I don't , I stop" standing"and start walking by just moving on from him.

If someone likes you , they should at least make an effort to show you they want you in their life. Playing hard to get is just a mind game and manipulative. It's an immature approach.

• I'm not sure, they might, but I've had guy friends tell me that if they want a girl bad enough, they'll chase her, and get her. (Obviously if she wants to be caught and all that crap).

• Yes, you have some men who play hard to get. They will sometimes be the one that will start the contact but after awhile once you get attached they will back off and let you be the one to do. I have heard so many woman say that in the beginning the guy was chasing them, and after the female got attached the guy felt that he didn't need to work as hard to keep her.

• there is ultimately no difference in playing hard to get and not being interested. if you really like a person you won't disrespect them and waste their time abnd risk pushing them away like that,.

however lots of things in between-shy aspergers confusion no time personal matters of importance- can appear to be 'playing hard to get' when its not that.

• If guy is interested he will usually show you that he's interested

• both

• i don't think so

• Guys don't play hard to get. 😅

• Not interested.

• I honestly don't know

• not interested

• In my experience, guys are usually not interested or taken if they don't reciprocate interest in you.

• Not interested.