Guys, I'm curious about men's menstrual knowledge. Which of these do you believe is the most accurate description of menstruation (periods)?

• women can hold in their period blood just like pee & release it when they choose, usually when they get to a toilet
    1% (1)
  • women can't control it, the blood leaks out continuously for a few days a month
    85% (106)
  • other
    6% (7)
  • I don't know
    5% (6)
  • what's menstruation/a period?
    3% (4)
And you are? I'm a GuyGirls can not vote on this poll
5d Also how old were you when you learned about periods, and how did you learn about them?
4d update to boost my question :)

27

What Guys Said 27

• chicks are demons... anything that bleeds for 7days and survives is not human ;)

ur like little water fountains. though its funny because its like who isn't on some kind of "pill" that modifies it? most girls get it once or twice a year if that and its usually tiny. i remember my first girlfriend before she was on the pill. she didn't tell me yet she was on her period and she was bouncing in my lap... next thing u know there is this massive blood stain on my leg lol. lucklily being the bad ass that i was everyone though i stabbed myself or something lol. so i just played it off as an injury the rest of the day :) . the girlfriend was super embarrassed though it was really cute. she had this purple windbreaker outfit on... u couldnt tell on her at all. i won't put my face near the blood, but i have no issues about fucking a girl on her period, and girls always seem super horny too even though most are shy about the blood. which does make a mess by the way, but meh its just blood, if u cut ur face it gets everywhere anyway.

• 5d

The last time I did that I was tricked into it and the bed looked like a murder scene. I was grossed out and so pissed at her I didn't talk to her for a week.

• 2d

@likitb4istickit why? if u had fun that is all that should matter. next time u will know how to plan better since obviously u didn't think splattering blood water/cum was going to make a mess lol :) silly rabbit. i think its funny how much of a mess they make. females are such messy little critters... for being so cute and adorable.

• 2d

That's just it, she didn't tell me she was on the rag because she knew I wouldn't do that until it was over, so she made me turn the lights off and didn't tell me. I simply thought she was extra wet. Ended up having to throw away the (relatively new, a few months) mattress and bed sheets and I looked like I just gutted a deer while naked. Sure I enjoyed it, until the lights came on and then I was horrified, all because she was extra horny and couldn't wait a few days. At least I didn't go down on her like I usually did, I would have probably threw up.

• I think that it's blood that can suddenly start leaking out whether or not you have something down there to soak it up. You can experience cramps in your groin and everything down there is just extra gross and smelly. With the blood there's other strange shit that you're not even sure what it is coming out and it makes you feel gross and puts you in a bad mood that can only be fixed by trying to make the rest of your body as comfy as possible and distracting yourself with Netflix.

Some girls, it's even worse though because they have other symptoms.

• 5d

Wow! You must be a woman yourself who's experienced a cycle yourself. Tell us more

• 4d

I wasn't arguing, I was stating the obvious lol even a feminist would say that the intention of his original comment is ironicly funny because he's trying to describe an experience that he knows nothing about lol but alas, this comment will probably be deleted just like my last one

• 4d

Well, my question *was* to describe how you think periods are like.& He did say "I think..."

• Actually, they can hold it and then release it when they go to the bathroom:
    www.menstrualcupadvice.com/.../...-cup-770x514.jpg

• never trust anything that bleeds for 5 days and doesn't die!

• Women can't hold it in until they reach a toilet. That's why all of the sanitary products are needed.

• heavy flow in first 2-3 days..
    cramps..
    mood swings...
    tampon. sanitary pad...
    so much mess really...

• 5d

Oh boy! You're gonna be in for a real treat when you find out about menopause

• This is a very strange question..

• Jesus what kind of morons do you date? Even most middle school guys know it can't be controlled (if they pay attention in biology class and sex ed). Fewer know about the cramps and bloating since we don't have a uterus. One of my exes described it as similar to the bellyaches you get when you have diarrhea.

• the second one

• It's a monthly occurance that cannot be controlled by the woman herself and last around a week but duration can vary depending on the individual.

• I'm sure you realize from the poll results how knowledgeable we really are, especially us older guys who have had a few relationships and have been married

• I would have voted B, but had to choose C because of your use of the word continuously. It varies by woman and situation. I've dated women whose periods were not a continuous flow, but would start/stop for a few days, then it was over.

• Hmm, I thought women's periods coincided with the lunar cycle and a full moon =/

• I canĀ“t imagine a man who would think woman can hold it like a pee, I think it is anathomically impossible, there is no such muscle that would allow complete waterproof closing of vagina... Well why would women need stuff to hold the blood? But I think the blood does not leak continuously, it leaks in bursts that come unexpectedly and women cannot influence or hold them.

• 4d

I was 19 when I learned that, from my first girlfriend (first I was sexually active with). She also studied medicine so she could explain me a lot on my "Why.." questions.

• 2d

Well tax advantage on tampons would be equal bc men don't have to pay for tampons so women shouldn't either

• 2d

Well I didn't include my own opinion, I just say what he may have meant..

• With the research me and my girl have done, Im pretty sure I know more than the average woman out there...

• I learned about it from our babysitter. She would sit on us when we were being bad. The rest is too graphic to mention

• Women can't control it. except by way of blocking it by use of tampons or sanitary pads.

• isn't it B

• Women can't control the blood leaks out for days.

• lol, your question did it's job. every month, girls bleed. it's because linings break and new ones are formed. girls can't control it like a pee. am i wrong?

• They pee blood on those white things, I think they're diapers or those cotton sticks

• If they keep taking their estrogen pill, they can skip it

• It makes women hornier.

• Lol the second one but the first one would be nicer

• A girl in my school told me about it, so I know the details, a little too well for my own good.

• I have no idea lol

• If women could control their menstrual bleeding, Tampax would go bankrupt.