Girls And Guys Would You Expect Your Boyfriend/Girlfriend To Go To A Movie That You Want To Go To But They Didn't Want To Go To It Why Or Why Not?

Most Helpful Girl

• yes, because i dont wanna go by myself, and i'll return the favor later.

What Girls Said 8

• I don't expect him to go to stuff like that. We've been to a lot of films that he had no real interest in but he's been okay with going to it. I've asked him to go to a couple of films with me before that he wasn't interested in so he refused. That was fine, he shouldn't spend money on something he isn't cool with seeing, I don't mind.

• No, I would not. It's wise to find a movie that is something you both can enjoy together. Or just go to the movies at your own time to watch it then. Everything is about compromise. Everything should not be your way or their way.

• I would, but at the same time, I'd like to see a movie that we both want to see. But I believe in doing things to make the other person happy, even if you don't feel like it.

Why go see a movie that only one of you wants to see? I'd just go see it by myself lol

• yea cause I prefer his company and I d return the favor too
    gotta compromise in a rl for some quality time

• I would watch one with him that I didn't like just because I would support the things he's interested in

• I would still like him to come with me

• ı wouldn't do that

• If I have a boyfriend who doesn't want to see I movie I want to see, I'll just go alone. #fuckhim

What Guys Said 11

• I would expect two things:

1. They would value spending tine with me, and

2. They would treat me the way they want to be treated.

• Nah, my girlfriend and I are very respectful of each others' movie preferences. Stuff we both like we watch together, and we watch one-way stuff on our own time👍

• Within the sense of a Give and Take relationship - If we do things only I like then we should do things only my SO likes - My ideal would be do things we both like and do the things we like individually on our own or with friends.

• I wouldn't go with her then. I'd go alone. For instance, the matinee around 10 AM isn't really for dating which is why it is cheaper. I would go solo to a matinee to see a movie that I wanted to see and she didn't.

• Not really, I would hope for it but why would I make them do something they didn't want to do. Just don't get mad when I bring someone else

• You never know, you might end up enjoying it.

She agreed to go see Mad Max, I agreed to go see The Girl On The Train.

• Usually would agree on the movie first but if it's something one us doesn't like then then we still go but they we have to see something next time that they don't want to see since that's still part of compromising

• not necessarily but i think it's a nice gesture. i have no issue going to a movie by myself so i wouldn't mind going alone. but i would certainly go to a movie i was necessarily interested in seeing if my partner wanted to see it

• Depends on the movie

• 13d

I mean in general

• 13d

If the movie is very good then I expect them to give it a chance

If the movie is just OK then I'm like w/e

• no ı wouldn't

• 10d

If he didn't like my own movie, I would tell him to go find a movie within the cinema he did like better. However, I would comply and sit with my Guy, and just watch what He likes though. xx

• Yes, but I would be willing to compromise with them on something else in return for agreeing