IM SCARED OF GETTING OLD?

okay so im 20 .. and im really scared of passing the age of 20... time flys so fast.. in 10 years time im 30... and in 20 years time im 40... jeez... i feel like i was 10 yesterday but the reaility is im 20 im getting old... i have fear of getting old... anyone like me here? and also those who are 30 and 40... did think like me?

What Girls Said 7

• a common feeling though most won't admit it. Okay normally I would say that because I didn't or I feel I haven't accomplished everything I should of at the prior age. don't fret aging is apart of life try to do the most each year accomplish something each year and you'll start to enjoy getting older. it won't feel as like the world's ending every birthday. turn your negative into a postive reverse ions and atoms. lol if possible.

• You are to young to be worrying about that now. i am 43 and didn't fear about getting old until about 5 years ago. Shit really does hit the fan when you hit 40. You have another good 15-20 good years left before you should start worrying it. Enjoy it.

• I understand. But getting old is part of life. Maybe it would be better for you, if you could accept it.

• Thats life.

• I feel ya! But there's nothing we can do about it.

• Lol it happens. I just can't wait to be 30.. I don't know why

• My fear is to live in fear. Where fear controls me and not accomplish anything that I would have liked to accomplish.

What Guys Said 17

• You know what? I had the EXACT same thoughts as you do. I have asked the same question here but I didn't got an answer.

So... I am right now 22 years old and am getting older. I realize, that once I hit the first grey hairs and my youth drained and my skin looks like folded, then there is no turning back.
    But we all age. Life seems very short if you think about getting old and grey when you hit 40, so make the most and best out of it.

Time goes on and time does not wait. People died after you were born, people die while you live, some others are born after you and eventually it's your turn at some point.

Best you can do is to accept, that getting old is part of life. It's scary but it is what everyone will go through, if they do not die young.

@JudgmentDay I am interested in your response here. Please let me know what YOU think.

• 6d

wish i could never get old :/

• 3d

I wouldn't worry too much about it, since it's inevitable that we will age no matter what we do in this shitty biological organic physical forms that we were stuck with as soon as we were brought into this kind of a world, eventually I learned to live with it although I don't like it, I just deal with it the best that I could.

• 3d

For me it's really simple, I remind my self with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyJwQvbTWZM

• I feel the exact same as you. I am in the last few years of my youth before my life just goes downhill. This is doubly troubling because i didn't do a whole lot with the last 20 years of my life and more or less wasted it.

Anyways my goal in life is to be an Army Ranger and planning on shipping in a couple of months. I dont want to grow old. My ideal way of dying would be to die in combat preferably at the age of 24 or 25. This isn't why Im trying to be a Ranger. I want to be a Ranger because the units culture and legacy appeals to me and a team I can feel pride in being a part of. Still dying in combat still appeals to me for many reasons and i definitely dont want to grow old. I mean life at 30 seems horrific to me (no offense to you older guys) I can't imagine life at 50.

I know this might sound ridiculous to you guys and some of you veterans might feel that I am being extremely disrespectful to the men and women who have already died serving, but this is

• I turned 30 a couple of weeks ago. And I feel no different! Age is just a number anyway.

• 6d

do you look the same?

• 6d

nah i mean when you were 20 and now

• 6d

Yes, but I actually look much better now. When I was 20, I was overweight and unattractive.

• that´s live. get used to it. just a fun fact: as you grow older time will go by faster and faster. i know this isn´t helpful... but we are all in the same boat dude. the only way is to accept the fact that you will end soon and to to make the best out of the time you have!

• Never thought that way, no point in fearing the inevitable. It's always people's duty to accept our own mortality, you can't stop the passage of time so use it wisely... you only get one chance.

• A lot of people do, but you can't stop time. We all get old and we all die. You can't stop living and enjoying life though. There is beauty in our mortality.

• we all get old

• I understand. When I turned 18, it was the first time I thought to myself "I'm getting old because 12 years later I'll be 30." Time can fly by so fast. I just try to make the most out of my time each day and enjoy being young while I can.

• A year is just the time the earth uses to pass around the sun. Its just a unit of measurement. It does not control your life.

• me too man

• I think the same way. I think "Holy shit in just ten years I'll be 30. WTF"
    I don't wanna get old.

• It's inevitable. Embrace it.

• 20-year olds feeling old?
    **sigh** Kids these days...

• You're correct. 30+ sucks dick compared to 20.

• me too

• Well death's always an option if you want to make sure you won't get old. I think that's the option I'll go with

• I just turned 23 and when I look back as far as I can remember, it seems like I've lived a really long time. I must have been like 10 completely different people throughout all these years, I have so many different thoughts and memories that each phase in my life feels like it was a full lifetime. I have no idea what the next 23 years will be like, but it feels like a long time. Life doesn't feel short to me, it feels really long.