Which shitty genetics did you inherit?

12d by the way mine is probably I store a lot of fat on the sides which is a pain in the ass since I'm looking for definition and I just love pizza and pasta way too much lol

What Girls Said 32

• Oh wow im sorry you have a little more insulation than you want. Boohoo.

Trying being gentically disposed to going through masses of pain and hemorrhaging by the time you're 25 then becoming infertile because you have a lump in your fallopian tubes that has a very high chance of turning cancerous and if they leave my ovaries in the lump will only grow on those too.

All this because I happened to born female, and if I have a daughter before all this happens, she'll get it too.

Then there's the curve in my spine that is minor but already causing hip problems.
    The predisposition to irrationality and a stupidly bad memory.
    Plus prosopagnosia. Fun.

Oh, and there's the inability to accept that i can't to the thing i want to do perfect the first ever time i do it. Though thats less a gentic thing and more just a trait shared by both dads side and mums side of the family.

• 12d

there's also an increased chance of anxiety, depression, a lot of weight gain after kids (hope to god i got dads genes for that, his sister looks amazing after four kids)
      Not to mention the skin cancer, lung cancer (both might not be genetic, there are bad habits in my fam) breast cancer, the one in my fallopian tubes that i mentioned earlier.

And one purely cosmetic gene that i dont want- the skin above my eyelid drooping down to make a 'lip' of sorts over my eyes. doesn't look too bad but i feel like sleep would get stuck in it.

• 12d

I'm sorry to hear this. It must suck to deal with all that!

Not trying to compete but I fucked up my knees when I skated in high school so even though after therapy and treatments I'm able to run on ocassion and hike, there was a point I could even barely stand up for more than 15 minutes because of a burning sensation I had. During that time that I suffered from oateoarthrosis I developed a minor nerve damage on my legs (neuropathy) which I still live with but in much, much less painful (stinging) episodes than before. I have recovered pretty well from those two things but it was a very painful and bumming period of my life. Weren't genetic reasons, though just bad luck.

Anyways, hope your venting helped as mine just did.

• 12d

Yeah it did. Thanks.

• Bad skin, no boobs (my sister got them all), short arse and a predisposition for eye bags! Oh, and resting bitch face apparently, I always get that "don't worry it might never happen" thing when I'm feeling absolutely fine!! So I must look grumpy 😱 Cheers mum and dad... I totally got the shit end of the stick!

• I have bad skin inherited from my mom, her frizzy and puffy hair, and my mom also has this condition (maybe with thyroid, that's what the doc at least originally thought) where her body doesn't burn any of the sugars she eats and it goes directly to burning muscle. So the harder she worked out the more she started eating up her muscle. I basically inherited everything from my mom so there's a chance I'll get that. My dads side of the family all have bad joints but I think some of that is from their jobs, but I'm in sports so I'll probably get bad joints too lol

Overall I don't think I have too bad of traits and it could be much worse so I'm thankful!

• 12d

I had some bad joints condition on my legs but thought it was an eventual thing... starting to think now hmm lol

• 12d

Hopefully our youth will keep us from bad joints until we're really old lol

• Oh my god, it could end very bad. Parents and grandparents developed.
    -hypertension
    -heart disease
    -renal failure
    -high cholesterol
    -diabetes
    -stomach cancer
    -an aneurysm
    -alcoholics
    -drug addicts
    -depression
    -Alzheimer's
    -bad knees
    I'm hoping most of it's because of their shitty diets and habits.

and for vanity
    -narrow hips
    -big feet
    -acne
    -long, thick arm hair :'o

• Hair EVERYWHERE and THICK.

Im native American but I'm also polish. Of course I couldn't get the NA traits where it mattered, so like I have to shave my legs everyday in the summer, I have to do my eyebrows OFTEN cause it grows back quickly and thick so yea.

• 12d

Thick body hair is a pain, I hear ya

• 12d

I forgot to add I got my boobs from my moms side of the family too, so I've got small breasts. Which sucks. While the females in my dads side (and even some of the males) have bigger boobs.

• 12d

It's fine having small boobs, but ya kind of makes it bad having man boobs around bigger than yours lol

• Gee, let's see:
    - Eczema
    - Migraines
    - Extra fat
    - Allergies

• I know the feels. Most of my weight goes to my ass and thighs and some on my "love handles". I know I got that from my Italian side of my family.

• 12d

Doesn't sound that bad tho lol

• 12d

@Jamesol1 oh i finished awhile ago. But yes, it made me very dry and I still drink a lot of water because of it.

• 12d

Ass n thighsss 😍😍😍

• High blood pressure, I believe It is called hypertension?

Weight mostly stores on my butt and thighs. To be honest I don't see it as a bad things XD

Light bluish spots in the eyes and back, none of my ancestors have these birthmarks as long as I know, I am the odd one O_O Luckily I like my blue spots in the eyes and spots on the back are barely visible :)

• Severe allergies and nearsightedness :/

Everything else I can live with

• Being tall. Ugh its so hard finding jeans that are long.

• depression 🙄 can't think of much else tbh for now, fortunately

• 2|0
  • Eczema

• Acne and big forehead from my mom. But other than that I am extremely thankful for my genes. My acne is gone, still have little pimples here and there, but my dad has good genes. Great body, legs, ass. Oh yeah short gene from mom too lol

• Asthma

. My father had it, and two of his brothers as well.

• I don't know if I have inherited any of the health problems. It's so far so good. I have had other problems, but no one in my family has had them before. Maybe I am adopted?

• hmmm height, small boobs and my mum has the greatest of skins.
    my skin is good now but still not as great as my mum's.
    but I have a high metabolism and usually gain weight evenly but maybe a bit more on my thighs and ass which I like.

• Inherited high cholesterol.
    Both my parents have it. Me and my siblings all have it. Sucks. Even with all the exercising and healthy eating I do, I don't know if it'll ever lower.

• 12d

I might be predisposed to diabetea and heart issues so no amount of exercise could save me from the latter either.

• eczema, allergies, squinty dopey eyes, my gums show when i smile, speech impairment slow metabolism, pooch stomach and curved spine. i gain weight on my shoulders quickly.

• I don't know if it's considered genetics but i get migraines just like my mother does.

• I'm short :(

• I've been blessed with the body of a 10 year old boy.

• my face lmao. storing weight in my stomach and no ass

• My whole existence

• No boobs. From where I have no idea.

• mongol genes too strong!

• All of them 😔

• Everyone on my dads side looks 'identical' and I also got a genetic heart murmur from his side :-|

• pcos from my aunties

• crappy facial proportions

• More from Girls
    2

What Guys Said 26

• I am a hairy animal. Lol it's too much to maintain sometimes lol.
    Other than that I am really happy and blessed

• I can't grow a decent stubble/beard. I have smallish lips and that shit helps. Hence why so many white guys have them.

• Bad acne and maybe eczema (researchers think its genetics but not certain)

• Probably having really sensitive skin

• None. I'm perfect!

• Honestly nothing that I can think of my family doesn't have to many bad genetics.

• Seasonal allergies, I take Claritin and Nasacort almost year-round!

• I have no shitty biological genetics but I do have shitty psychological genetics. It's my bad temper and my bad attention span.

• being shorter than the average male in my family, average male is like 6'-6'8, I'm 5'8, I got the short end of the stick

• Allergies from my father, and the ability to vomit from my mother. I got every possible "get sick" gene I could.

• I can't grow a full beard on my cheeks.

• Short
    Allergies
    Low tolerance for Alcohol (still drinking anyways!)

• Fat genes ugly genes lazy, least likely to succeed genes

• insomnia

• Depression, asthma, my moms dark eyes...

• Shitty facial aesthethics.

• Imma smartass

• I can't think of any shifty genetic I have inherit..

• I don't know brown hair i would say

• excessive hair

• Have you go a few spare hours for me to tell you LOL

• 12d

Feel free to vent bro

• 12d

Under 6 foot, over 220 lbs, ugly as sin, poor eyesight in one eye, receeding hairline, small penis, not too much muscle, man boobs, fat belly, getting memory loss

• 12d

A lot of these could be fixed with workouts

• I have like half eyebrows. A bunch of diseases.

• Mental health issues, halotosis, bipolar, depression, anxiety problems, metabolism problems, a autoimmune disease.

• occasional laziness and procrastination and a bad back.

• Bad eyesight.

• Tiny penis