Why does my butt look very big, toned, and shapely from the side but nothing special from the back view?

Everytime I wear clothes, it always looks extremely shapely and perfect from the side view. The back view of my butt does not look that perfect though. It's just a butt that isn't too significant. Like it's not as shapely as it is from the side. Any ideas why? Advice to improve?
- I eat moderately healthy
- Exercise moderately

What Guys Said 6

• it's just how it is... some asses look better from the side, other better from the back. can't have an ass that looks 10/10 from every angle. you can squat to build muscle which will have some influence on the shape and choose clothes which help with it, but other than that you have to accept it's shape

• we're all unique. it's quirks that make us special. it doesn't matter, especially to guys who prefer boobs like me. but really, don't worry about it. if it looks good from the side, own it. make sure your pictures that show your butt are from the side.

• Incorporate barbell deep squats into your routine 2-3 times a week. 5x5 sets. Start with plain barbell and each time you do 5x5 increase weight by 2 pounds next time. Do that and see your butt transform within a few weeks.

• Pics?

• i'd have to see a pic ;)

• Because full length mirrors never lie

What Girls Said 5

• The shape of your butt depends on two factors: bone structure and muscle/fat on it. If you say its well shaped from the side, I suppose its muscular enough, so maybe its your bone structure giving that shape.

• 5d

Also ethnicity/race. I've noticed that black girls tend to have big butts from the side, but narrow hips, while other girls generally have flatter butts but wider hips.

Doesn't really apply if the black girl is mixed though

• 5d

@ivysaur correct. ethnicity influences bone structure via the genes.

• Sounds like you have a nice size butt to me. I wouldn't worry about having a super big butt. Its not all that. Sure, guys will look and it generally makes you feel confident but it can also be a distraction especially if you dont that type of attention.

• i have no idea.

• I have the same thing except it looks bad from the side but good from the back lol i dont know why this happens but it happens with my boobs too. Look good from the front not so good from the side

• I actually wonder the same thing for myself. My butt looks big and actually nice from behind, but the side view looks weird.
    I suggest that maybe you look for different exercises for your glutes and be sure to eat protein after working out to help with tissue growth.