Do you say controversial things just to get a response?

I often write very extreme opinions (some of which I believe in and others which i dont) on gag, just to see the responses people will give me, and I will try to prove/debate/elaborate/argue/ defend this opinion. its kind of like trolling. Does anyone else here do this? I often do it non-anonymously too lol

Am I alone here?

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 15

What Guys Said 18

• Nope, I suck at trolling and don't really like it so I don't even try it 😅. It also doesn't particularly give me any joy to debate. I'll do it, but it can be mentally exhausting.

What I say is generally what I mean. While my thoughts may change over the subject after a good debate, it is not after I seriously falsify my original statements and shtuff. Anything that isn't my true thoughts is probably satire or sarcasm (and I think I make it pretty clear when that happens lol).

• Yeah i do this, I don't hold any extremeist views really but counter-trolling a troll is a fun game.

That being said, many people fail to see irony or even sarcasm.

• Sometimes. I ask many questions that are controversial to see what people's responses are. Not trying to start a fire, simply just wanting to see how people think and react.
    No need to say I've gotten many people angry... usually those who take shit waaaaaay too seriously or for some reason think I'm attacking them xD

• nah. not something i do

• It isn't kind of trolling it is. No I don't do that. That doesn't get me off.

• Nope I just speak what's on my mind and my own thoughts I don't say anything specifically to get a response. But hey most of what I think and feel is controversial and goes agaisnt what people like anyway so *shrugs*

• Nah, I'm serious about 75% of the time and the rest are mainly goofy responses. I don't believe I've ever said anything controversial in nature.

• no ı dont

• No, I only troll and write controversial things on troll questions but I don't expect to get a response.

• No lol. I'll tease people, but that's the extent of it

• I try to be truthful. The reason why I can seem over the top sometimes is because I know what the hell I'm talking about and because I refuse to conform to political correctness...

• Man i'm doing it.

• yes and no. I'm genuinely seeking a discussion when I do it.

• That's literally all I do here.

• Hell I do that in person. Its fun winding people up.

• I never do this...

• No but people do that. They use the internet to test their most extreme opinions.

• Why not? It can be good to see how people would react. And if remaining anonymous is permitted in response to a question. If remaining anonymous had not been possible I doubt too many people would frequently post controversial questions and responses.

• 7d

I think so too, much insight can be gained from trolling

• 7d

When you have nothing better to do, you can always try to piss someone off all for shits and giggles.