Do you like jury duty?

This is the second time that i have to go since i turned 18. Its sooo boring! i also dont get paid to go! Cheapest parking is $16 dollars as well 😭 !!!

Do y'all like it?

• Hell yeah!
  • Feck no! Just kill me!
  • Tf u talkin bout feckin weirdo! ?
  • Im a mother fucking oompa loompa!
10d Day two and THEY STILL haven't FINISHED CHOOSING THE JURORS!
How are they gonna dismiss 24 jurors!!!
10d The jurors has been chosen after dismissing 28 jurors!!!

IM FREEEEEE!

FREEEEDOMMMM

Most Helpful Girl

• I got called for jury duty one time, but i had moved to another state when i got called. I went back to visit some friends, got pulled over for speeding and got arrested for not showing up to jury duty and i actually got put into a county jail. I never received a notice or anything. I had to get proof that i had moved which took me a few hours and they finally let me out, but it was an all day ordeal. I have never actually served on jury duty though.

• 11d

Thats crazy!!!

• 11d

In this case, i was the rebel without a clue.

• 11d

Ohh dont you downplay it, you baddie

Most Helpful Guy

• Jury duty is "legal" slavery, and I would think of it as such.
    Not very fun eh?

• 10d

It's more accurate to think of it as another type of tax.

• 9d

It is for your benefit because you're a part of society, and I've never heard of a jurisdiction that doesn't give some sort of compensation to people whose company doesn't pay them while they're serving.

• 9d

@JenSCDC compensation that doesn't even cover the cheapest parking lot can kiss my ass

What Girls Said 9

• About 10 years ago I served on a grand jury that met three days a week for eight weeks. I would definitely call the experience enjoyable. While the cases themselves could get monotonous (there's nothing exciting about yet another "possession with intent to distribute" case), there was enough variety to keep it interesting. What I really liked was the chance to spend time with people from other backgrounds, an opportunity that I probably won't come across again.

• 11d

8 weeks is a long time! Did your company pay?

• 11d

Yes. I also got a few bucks a day from the city for transportation costs- even though I was getting there by bike :)

• 10d

I also got summoned (but didn't end up serving) when I was in college. When I told my professors that I would be out that that day, every one of them laughed...

• I've never had to do it, but I'm also pretty sure I'm an oompa loompa if that's any consolation.

• I've never been on jury service

• you're lucky
    i've been called almost every year
    never made it on. though, one time i was really close!
    made it on the jury seat, but got excused
    as I was leaving, one of the attorney's teased me for ducking out, lol

• 10d

I get my jury summons letter every year but have only had my group number called for the second time today :P

I have served when I was 19

• I have been called at least 4-5 times since I was 18. Thankfully I have never been selected to serve.

• Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

• I don't know I've never gone. I'd prolly just be on my phone the whole time or if it's interesting I'll listen

• 11d

Criminal cases can be interesting.
      The first day is just getting everything sorted out so its a waste of time.

• 11d

@Tvana oh come on man. Hopefully I never get summoned.

I have to go to court soon for cutting off a cop tho

• 11d

@Tvana

^^ what he said

• i escaped amerika

• No Lol that's why I always put it off.

What Guys Said 18

• I have been called not a jury pool 3 or 4 times. We had to come in for those and wait around to see if we ended up actually on a jury. Only actually got on a jury once. DUI case. Not guilty. The cop had come to a crash scene and noticed someone not involved who had stopped there was walking oddly and cited her for drunk driving. He knew she had her car there, but had not seen her drive it and did not administer field sobriety test. Turns it she had a bad hip from an old industrial injury, but nobody on either side had looked into that. Waste of our time!
    Parking was free for us in a county lot and we got a small stipend. I think it was 10 dollars a day.

• 11d

The city pays us $12 dollars a day but the cheapest parking is $16!

• 9d

Imagine getting on the jury for Dylann Roof;s federal hate crimes trial. He is acting as his own lawyer and experts are expecting it to drag on with his antics and questioning everybody regardless of relevance.

• I served on 2 juries just months after turning 18, and have never been called again. Now watch, by answering this question, I'll jinx it and get called again. ;-) I enjoyed it at the time, but now I don't think I'd care to, mainly because court hours and my hours are vastly different now.

• never got a summons

• 11d

You lucky lucky man!

• 11d

during the pre-trial screenings just pull a homer simpson and say you are racist against everyone

• What? Here you can claim expenses and loss of earnings if it goes past 7 days.

I love it personally, maybe i'm a psychopath but having the power to decide someone's fate is... oddly addicting.

• 11d

Haha, can't claim nothing over here 😭

• 9d

Shame, you could have asked GaG "is he guilty or not?" ... although that might be contempt of court

• 9d

Fuck the system!!!

• Never been, but I imagine I'd tell them something to make them let me go. A lie like being racist or something.

• 11d

I tried that thr first time I was summoned and they did NOT let me off

• I would have to tell him that it would be a hardship for me to go , I have too many things being garnished out of my paycheck that would put me in jail if I didn't pay

• 10d

At least they only need 12😊

• 10d

I hope so too

• 10d

Hey that's cool you got out, I remember that happened to me on the second day, that was the time I kept ignoring the letter until they subpoenaed me , then I showed up for that and then I a month later I got called for jury duty but at least I only went to Riverhead 2 days and then that was it just like you

• I've only done that in a polling office, not in court. No fun.

• Damn, that sucks, fellow farty. The worst part is not getting paid for it :(

As for me, I was summoned on three separate occasions but luckily, I never had to go :)

• 11d

I've been summoned every year ! :o

• 11d

What! ? Its every 8 years! ?
      Over here in sf its annual!

• 11d

Yikes! Glad I don't live there!

• My cousin was asked to go to jury duty and they asked him if he
    believed in the death penalty and he said yes so they let him go.

• 11d

Myself i was asked to go to jury duty but due to disabilities i told them i couldn't go
      cause i have emotional disabilities.

• 11d

Hmmm, I tried saying im not fond of a certain race before but they kept me as a juror..

• 11d

Yeah i see

• Ever see 12 angry men?

I would be THAT guy every hates because I just don't jump on the bandwagon like everyone else and would keep them there forever until a mistrial was declared.

• 11d

Lmao! Ultimate troll! ?

• 10d

Dismissal.

• 10d

You need to move and not leave a forwarding address so you won't get summoned again. Also, never answer or fill out a census and if you have to vote, stay in the same precinct for the address on your license until it gets renewed

• not a thing here, our system works differently

• Got my first summons for this upcoming summer. I already hate it. :(

• You don't have to go but then you just have to pay a fine. They pay you here but it's chump change, I've never done it though.

• I keep wanting to do it

• 11d

I get a letter to serve every year since I turned 18 😵

Are you sure you're Murican! ?

• I've been able to get out of it every time I was summoned.

• 11d

Teach me the ways!

• 11d

Well in AZ you have to have your employer basically write a letter and say they can't run their business effectively without you. I just didn't get selected the 1 time while I was living in IL

• 11d

Over here they dont care if this is a hardship for the employer. The judge said its, "their problem".

• No, it's not fun #trustme

• Thankfully, I have never been summoned.

• hell no i did it once it sucked :(