Has anyone ever got your name wrong?

do they still call you by that name?

I should of said by a different name.

sorry if any confusion

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Funny you brought this up, this bitch girl in my school whom i hanged out with different times earlier.. she sees me today and she was like i forgot your name. i ignored her completely and walked away.

Sponsored

What Girls Said 15

• Sometimes, yeah. Usually people tend to confuse me and my best friend even though we're pretty opposite in terms of appearance and call us each others' names too.

• Someone thought they said my name JACKLEEN (my name is Jacklynne). Lol.

• All the time haha
    I had a chemistry teacher who kept calling me Amanda the whole school year even though thats anywhere close to my name.
    People call me Raquel, Rachelle or Rochelle too hahah

• All the time

• mispronounce or a different name?

• For the first time this weekend she through my boyfriend into the list of random names before falling upon mine. :p In a way it was heart warming.

• They spell my first name wrong, i and y and e instead of a (sometimes). And with my last name they pronounce the a like u (nearly always).

• People call me the wrong name all the time. Rachel, Rose, Emily, Anna, Alexa, etc. Someone I was good friends with for 4 years called me Maria once. Is Rebecca so hard to remember? lol

• I have another close friend of mine who's called Lily, so I often get called that by accident. I get it at least once a day lol.

If people are reading my name, some people say 'Luchi' with a 'ch' sound on the end, when it's actually just said like 'Lucy' would be.

People also say my full name, 'Lucia' as 'Lu-see-a' when there's *supposted* to be a 'ch' sound.

• Yes.

I let them carry on for a whole conversation and as I leave I'll go "by the way, my name is actually"

• Yes! I work pretty flexible hours, and sometimes it spills a bit into night shift. The night shift manager has called me by the wrong name since I started there. Every time I or someone else try to tell her she has it wrong, she just goes "Oh, well, whatever" and then does it again the next day. I hate this woman. I hate her so much. And that's not the only reason why.

• Yes, not sure why because it's a common and easy name, so yes retarded people say my name wrong.

• i've been called Kathy before, and my last name is something most people get wrong. :D

• All the time! I've been called Monica, Marissa, Brianna, Kaitlyn, and Brittney. My name starts with a J. So... How do they come up with those? Lol

• My manager calls me by every other somali girl's name cept mine 😓

• yeah all the time

• My last name all the time. My first name... oh gosh, I had this teacher in high school who kept calling me by this other girls name which was somewhat similar in sound to my own. He did this every single day without fail even after tons of corrections, so finally I just said to myself, if you can't be bothered to call me by my actual name, I can't be bothered to keep correcting or answering to another name... so he'd literally be calling out her name, and looking at me, and I would just sit there not answering. The rest of the class would jump in after him getting pissed and be like, that's not her name... I'm like, really, you're pissed off dude?

What Guys Said 10

• Last Name, all the time. First name is fairly common but subject to be shortened all the time.

• Yup every new class the teacher miss pronounces my last name. They usually only make that mistake once though.

• some people call me Jonathan. This annoys "YAHWEH is gracious." I don't reply when people call me Jonathan it's not a name I respond to, I assume that they must be talking to someone else. If they say that John is a shortened form, I point this out to them, and ask them to refer to me by name. This is not the same as "pronouns" like xir or whatever as my name is my personal title. It doesn't belong to anyone else, and it's quite a personal thing to me. My friend Alice hates being called Allison.

• My name is perpetually pronounced wrong by people who should know better.

Never been called 'Dave' wot loike Rodders were called, but I did have an optometrist who called me 'Adam' because it made her feel more comfortable (I reminded her of someone) and asked me if it was okay for her to call me that.

• Well, my name isn't actually "Dexius" lol (though I'd love that name) and my birth name is often shorted to Sam. Some guys called me Shawn though, no idea why. Then again there was a guy named Shawn in my grade who had the same last name as me.

• Nope pretty much impossible to get my name wrong lol.

• My surname yeah all the time.

• Yes, all the time. People tend to pronounce my name "Cheyenne" or "Shayanne"

• Yes I have

• They don't say the wrong name, they just have no idea how to pronounce the one I have.