Do you smile easily?

Or are you just stone-faced around everything?

I was skipping around the internet and found this article, with a little about the genetics of smiling and thought it was kind of interesting, and maybe kind of ironic.

For those not planning on reading this, it's pretty much
> 5HTTLPR gene is involved in feelings. Short version of it = negative feelings, long version = less negative feelings. People with 2 short alleles = more prone to depressive feelings.
> but they also suggest that people with short alleles tend to experience more intensity in their feelings - their positives are really positive and their negatives are really negative.
> also noticed that the area of the brain connected with emotions, the thalamus, is larger in people with 2 short alleles.
> something like that. anyways.

Then I realized that my thalamus must be huge, because I find myself grinning at everything and crying... also at everything.

So I guess they're not wrong when they say "people that smile the brightest are sometimes the saddest".

• Yes.
    63%(12)53%(16)Vote36%(4)
  • How about this?
    0%(0)3%(1)Vote9%(1)
  • Smiling yet?
    5%(1)3%(1)Vote0%(0)
  • :[
    5%(1)3%(1)Vote0%(0)
  • :D
    5%(1)20%(6)Vote45%(5)
  • D: I've forgotten what I was even doing tbh. I'm just looking at food now.
    5%(1)3%(1)Vote0%(0)
  • Beyonce had the best music video of all time.
    17%(3)15%(4)Vote10%(1)

Most Helpful Guy

• I smile upside down very easily.

Most Helpful Girl

• VERY EASILY. You can say 'tacos' and i'll smile. I consider my smile one of my best features (thank you braces!)

Sponsored

What Guys Said 11

• Depends on the setting. I'm always cracking jokes and laughing/making people laugh, but that's only when it's time to fuck around. I can control smiling and laughter pretty well lol. Having been in the military you learn how to keep a stone cold face while dying of laughter in your head standing at attention because someone fucked up. Guys who smile at literally everything are seen to be 'bubbly' and it's weak when overdone.

• I'm always smiling, although I'm usually sad abd depressed on the inside.

• Stoned faced. I actually have to make a conscious effort sometimes to smile more because I think people get the wrong idea about me. I'm an easy going, happy guy but I just don't smile that often. Just the way I am.

• Well it depends. I have a dry sense of humor so ordinary jokes don't work on me. I just smile out of politeness. But of course, I laugh hard at nerdy jokes that no one seem to get.

• I smile while I talk so I have a pretty mean RBF to cancel it out. Life works in mysterious ways. :) :(

• Whenever the mood fits.

• Yes, I'm model so I have to be able to easily smile for the camera.

• Smiling at E

• Yes, Lost it at the last picture :D :D

• I smile all the tiem all the damn tiem.

• I rarely smile.

What Girls Said 9

• Then I realized that my thalamus must be huge, because I find myself grinning at everything and crying... also at everything.

That is definitely me

• Yeah I smile easily lol 😁

• Well I have a resting bitch face, don't really smile. And I hate my smile anyway.

Mom saw this hat that had an 😐 emoji and said "this is my happy face" and she swore she was gonna get it for me 😂

• I have resting bitch face but I will break pretty easily :)

• I actually really do haha 😄😊

• Most times yes I do.

• Yep :)

• Yes but if I'm super tired I have a resting bitch face. Lol

• No, I have a face of a person who's dead inside.