What can I do? Immature at 18?

I'm so tired of being dumb and looking dumb! I'm tired of not being able to look like an 18 year old or to even act like one. kids in my class are way smarter and mature than me! help give me tips for my age so I can change! message me if u can to get me out of this situation I'm so tired of not having a job, but having a boyfriend, people treatin me like crap, not being smart not learning a thing at all! I want to look like a women and act like one! like my age! 😭

Most Helpful Girl

• Hey,
    This is all about your perception of yourself. Not all 18 year olds are the same! So, you dont have a job? Get one. People treat you like crap? Dont allow people to make you feel inferior to them. YOU think your not smart, YOU think everyone is smarter than you. Which in reality, that's probably not even true. You need to be confident in how you look and feel. It's okay to modify your look or change your clothes, those are minor things. But you should only do it if YOU want to, not for anyone else. Not everyone is mature, there's people older than 40 that still act like there 12. But that's just how they are. Instead of thinking about all the things YOU believe your not. Think about the things that YOU ARE.
    Best of luck!

What Guys Said 6

• Embrace it and don't compare to other people. I've been called adorable a few times. Doesn't make me any less of a man

• It's just low self esteem. Fix it

• Everyone's mind matures at different rates. You're silly to think we could increase your level of maturity with a few words.

• Usually smart people think they're dumb so you must be really smart

• Well it appears you have humility, so it is a step forward.

• Don't worry about it. If you've ever doubted for a moment, "am I dumb?" then you're probably not dumb. Just try to fit into a conversation with someone your age and try to act more mature. If you feel like being mature just isn't you, then I recommend hanging out with people who you feel comfortable with. I also look younger than I really am. A bus driver called me an elementary schooler... I'm in high school!!

What Girls Said 1

• Experience and one needs to go out and search for them, get a job and try to be more independent. Also maturity comes in age, and I don't know how 18 year olds are mature because for me, they still had a lot of growing up to do