Do you think this Age is characterised by so many having an obnoxious 'sense of entitlement' as if they are automatically owed something?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah people are getting a little too self entitled, sensitive and gutless.

Wait until they realize life never gets easier, it feels easier once you learn how to better cope with the shit that's thrown at you. Bitching and moaning for everything to change around you doesn't work half as well as growing a pair.

What Girls Said 5

• Yes, and it is the most annoying and insufferable thing on the planet. Particularly, when you throw in the gender war, superiority complex.

• You see it in every age group and gender. It's disgusting. If someone really was owed respect that's one thing but there are all of these things that people are whining about when they should be improving themselves or getting out of the game altogether.

• Yep.
    I feel like I'm owed something.

• You got that right.

• Yes, is a hierarchy. If someone is older than they think they are wise because if their years so they feel like they have to control people. but even older people are ignorant on what they believe is correct and true. For example, they believe that whatever they say is the truth, and if someone has a different POV then they are seen as incorrect and lies. Yet how can u tell which one is correct if people just base their ideas on what they lived so far. An older man might believe his ideas are absolute, but he could be an ignorant man. But because he believes his world is real then he will deny everyone that opposite him. Meaning that younger people, even if they can be right, may doubt when this older man says so because he is older.

What Guys Said 4

• I have to say "I don't know" - I am of similar vintage and background to you so how many ages have we being through at least 3 if not 4 or 5 - I have always felt there was some who have that unearned expectation of entitlement but we live in the age of "Online Noise" and bearing in mind "A empty vessel makes the most noise" plus "Vocal Minorities" - What I am saying is that today vocal minorities have the platform (the internet) to sound even louder so what is the true proportion of people who have this "Obnoxious Sense Of Entitlement" in this current age. Is it any more than those before who just did not have the internet to expound loudly on their theories?

• older people, religious people and people in higher positions often think they are entitled to control others and punish them for things that aren't to their liking. like being gay. but also old people think they are entitled to being taken care of by tax payer money.

• 10d

then they turn around and call others entitled when they are just punks.

• Sounds like most of my generation unfornetely.

• 10d

Well no that's not totally true there are a far amount of people in their 30s and 40s who act like that to now a days.

• yep its pretty annoying