Do you think it is acceptable to have an animal best friend?

I don't see anything wrong with someone having an animal as a best friend. I am not even going to lie, my dog, Rufus, has to be my very best friend between my boyfriend and my best female friend.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course, I bonded with my cat and was so close to him that when he died I actually felt what he felt. That was like beyond best friend level stuff right there.

Just remember that at the end of the day it is still a dog and not a person and while humans like dogs are pack creatures we need to be with our own kind via other humans so try to have healthy human interactions to ok?

Most Helpful Girl

• Nothing wrong with it at all. My little furry friend Sasha was probably my best friend. She came along during a hard time (basically showed up on my door) and I loved cats. She'd purr, wrap her tail round me and sit beside me on the sofa as she curled up beside me. Loved her to pieces, at the time, she was the only thing that made me smile. It probably sounds sad too, but it's true. There was a time when that cat was the only thing I had that seemed to care when my heart was breaking. Loved her so much and I'm so grateful she came into my life and showed me love ❤️

What Guys Said 15

• I mean as long as you have good human interactions lmao. Dogs are endlessly better to me, though. My dog Eva is one of my best friends. Also dogs and cats can sense when their owners are upset and can help cheer you up! My other dog Pepper tries to do this and my cat Ace is just a jerk lol

• Dogs > people.

I'll prove it.

Scratch my girlfriend's bum, ask her who's a good girl? I get the stink eye.

Scratch my dog above the tail, ask him who's a good boy? Happy dog smile, eyes full of admiration and unconditional love for the Bringer of Kibble, Harbinger of the Frisbee.

• I don't see why not. If you communicate better with animals than humans then sure. If your pet makes you happy while people don't wanna talk to you then sure. Whatever brings you joy.

• The more people I meet, the more I like my dog.

Google "Harry and Tonto".

• Yes, animals make better friends than humans at least they won't back-stab us.
    Yes it's acceptable if i had a girlfriend who had a dog was her best friend
    i would support her 100 percent on what she liked.

• I have always had a better rapport with animals that I have had with people.

• Sometimes I think my cat is my best friend

• It's very acceptable and understandable

• Definitely. My best friend is a dog.

• As long as it isn't your only friend, there's absolutely nothing wrong with it.

• No, two reasons. First, its what lonely, weird and socially awkward people do (like girls that buy 70 cats). And second - I hate dogs

• Just don't be going all friends with benefits on us. That would be taking it a little too far. ;)

• yes it is totally acceptable

• To each their own.

• you must live a very lonely life..

What Girls Said 15

• My dog is my best friend. Had her since I was 12 : ) Spend more of my time with her than any other human being tbh ❤️

• most often pets are more loyal then a person so you bond better with them. my dog is an annoying shit but I would never get rid of him

• Yeah, I think that's ok. Pets can be best pals :) They're there for you, don't judge, and really just want love in return.

• Absolutely! At least you wouldn't have to worry about your pet turning their back on you.

• Of course!!

• Hell yeah it is, my pet dog is my best friend, too! Dogs are the best!

• Better than a human best friend, jk :P
    Of course it's acceptable. Many people consider their pet as their best friends, dogs are very loyal and get along with humans after all.

• Yes, I think it's cute.

• Lol yes. I swear I love my dogs more than people.

• Dogs are more loyal anyways

• Yeah, I don't see a probably. At least they won't ever lie or stab you in the back.

• sure it is okay :)

• Disney princesses do

• Na. These days, too many people shut themselves away from humans and just have animals instead. It's not good for them.

• totally normal... if you're tarzan : my cat is my pet, I love her she's my baby girl and I take good care of her but she's not my bff lol