What are your thoughts about a song that gets a lot of hype?

They've are many songs that get a huge amount of hype just curious what you think about it

Most Helpful Girl

• I may listen to them. However, if they're playing THAT much, then I'll probably get tired of the song after a while.

What Girls Said 3

• Must remember to turn off the radio feature on the work phone because this shit is going to replay, and replay, and replay... *dies inside*

• I'vewatched Gangnam Style on the day it was published, with those 300 views. I didn't like it. Then people began to love it and I was dumbfounded at the fact, that this song about nothing can appeal to the world.. And hearing it x times a day, whether at school or somewhere else I started to get annoyed when I heard it.
    Usually those popular songs are about nothing, lyrics are superficial, not deep, no metaphors, nothing. Either women's asses or some shitty but jumpy beat.

• 6d

I prefer a song with some kind of meaning but some songs don't have to have a meaning to be fun to listen to (:

• 6d

Usually those deeper songs can be easily distinguished by the melody too. You might ask if I don't actually listen to the lyrics, but well.. I don't listen English songs much.. So the melody and the way a song is sung is often the best indicator of it's value.

• I like them half the time. Like that rae sremmurd song that everyone has been playing Black Beatles is so catchy and I've always enjoyed rae sremmurd songs. I like the weeknd starboy too ❤️

What Guys Said 7

• i don't really think i have an opinion about it. sometimes the hype is justified sometimes the hype is just hype

• A good song doesn't need hype and publicity to become popular. I don't think that "Dream On" got much hype. Neither did "Nights In White Satin."

• The vast majority of the time I usually don't like the hyped songs but maybe 10% of the time I think they are good. I don't mind so much as long as I can avoid the song if it is getting blanket airplay, I don't listen to mainstream, radio that much - I would tend to listen Classical Music radio stations

• I get annoyed when an artist, group or song is hyped, but more talented and hyped artists/groups/song are out there!

Especially when the song gets popular, and people this this song/artist/group is great, when they are just mediocre.

• 5d

But they are a lot of songs that got a lot of hype and they were really good songs

• Yes some songs they try to push it on you by constantly over playing them until you do you like it it seems but it's not always the case or that I will like it

• Idgaf, if I like it great. If I dont then I won't listen

• I try to avoid them cuz hipster.