Why would a guy show any kind of interest in you knowing you're a bit of a loser?

I've wondered this.

I mean yeah I'm nice to talk to, or at least sound like I'd be nice to talk to. Other than that, he has a lot of friends, and a lot of smart people to hang around with.

I've been just a little curious about him lately. It could be the age difference (I'm a little older than him) so he might be a bit in awe of me as that older, cooler girl kind of a thing going on.

What Guys Said 2

• Oftentimes we don't see ourselves the same way that others do. He obviously doesn't think of you as a loser. Why can't his interest in you be legitimate? Try not to think of yourself as a loser and see where things go with this guy.

• People lose sometimes, but they are not losers.

What Girls Said 1

• He may finds you attractive and intriguing. You sound like your doubting yourself, which I also am guilty of doing myself at times. Enjoy the conversation but if your looking for something serious, and you know that he is not. I wouldn't waste my time getting to attached, just keep it at a friend level.