Thoughts on my boyfriend stealing over a thousand dollars from me?

Okay so one night I didn't feel like pumping my own gas so I gave my boyfriend my card to do it for me. He already knew my pin code because of this. So, later that night I had realized he hadn't given it back to me so I asked him if he had it and he said no why would he (he's a little dumb so I knew he wasn't lying about this). So I told him look for it anyways and he said okay I will. So about 2 days later he finally looked for it and he found it but never told me. Once he found it, he proceeded to use it and spent/took about 1400 dollars from it. I only had about 900 on it so he took the rest out of my savings. He went shopping, took out withdrawals, everything. Mind you I'm an 18 year college student who has no job and he knows this. He's 21, not a student and has 2 jobs. Also I have to say I've never done anything to make him hate me or dislike me or have a reason for doing this to me. I treat him good, and I do everything he asks of me so he clearly must have no empathy to be able to do this to me and act like everything is fine. I called the bank so I will get all of my money back but I haven't confronted him yet. So basically, I'm asking for your thoughts on this/ what I should do about him

What Guys Said 12

• You need to file police report against him for taking money out of your banking account. I could never do that to any girl or woman. I hope things get better for you i just think you can do better.

• why are you still calling him your boyfriend?

• I wouldn't want to have anything else to do with the guy. What he did was theft and unauthorized use of a credit card. Those are crimes. You could report those crimes to the local police, and I wouldn't blame you if you did.

• 11d

I know. The crazy part is, he has an open case for robbery so I knew he was a thief but he had taken that money from strangers. I never thought he could do something like this to me. He's clearly a horrible person

• Pretty sure that's grand theft right there @anabellababy. And I saw your reply to @TadCurious.

If he has a theft problem, he's probably a kleptomaniac.

• 11d

I wouldn't report him if this is true. Kleptomaniacs will steal just about anything, especially if they think they can get away with it. They just can help it.

• He abused your trust. Report him.

• He's a piece if shit that's why he did it.

• Did he say sowwy?

• He's a thief and you should get away fast, and call the cops the judge will surely throw the book at him.

• he's either a fucking thief or maybe your cc got compromised and its all a coincidence.

• 11d

I know for a fact it's him because the stuff that he did you would have to have a pin code for. Also, I know what stores he goes to and saw all the transactions

• 11d

Call his ass out on it and threaten to file it to the police

• Why are u still with him

• 11d

Because I haven't confronted him yet I'm not still gonna be with him was just trynna show the relationship

• Get the cops involved.

• Prosecute him. File charges. Let the police break the news to him :) A guy who steals isn't worth having around.

What Girls Said 12

• Tell him that he's a damn thief, he's lucky you didn't take him to court, and break up with him.

• Don't say anything to him, he might get violent. Instead call the police when he's home and wait till they knock on the door and lock his ass up. Save all proof

• That is totally unacceptable. It is like cheating but in a different way. Guys are around women all the time and they are expected not to go for them if they have a girlfriend. Sure it would be easy to but it is totally immoral. Same thing with money. When you have a boyfriend that you trust there are valuables and money in your home that shouldn't have to be hidden or stored away when he comes over. He betrayed your trust by stealing your money. This is so wrong. Break up with him and call the police.

• Definitely definitely definitely get the police involved. The cameras from the banks will show him taking the money and then you decide whether or not you want to press charges. If you don't, the police will anyways. If it were me, I wouldn't give it a second though, but I would bring it up to him, and break up with him. If he gave you an excuse such as... "I didn't do it" you could tell him that you already have proof and that the police are involved/getting involved. That's disgusting behavior from him, and I'm very very sorry that happened to you, but please also don't give out your pin number. To anyone. This includes your S/O.

• Hm, FUCK HIM! I would be on the phone with the cops in about 2 seconds. This is grand theft it's not like he took $20 over a thousand is a BIG PROBLEM!!!

• LEAVE.

• Um... sue? The fuck?

• He would be my ex and you should call the cops on him.

• 11d

He is my ex I just haven't confronted him like I said so he doesn't know yet thats why I said boyfriend

• Tell him 😳

• Dump him...

• Confront him then leave his thieving ass.

• I think you meant to say ex boyfriend.

• 11d

I did lol. I just haven't confronted him yet so he doesn't know he's an ex and also saying it a habit

• 11d

Glad to hear it. It would be SO bad to stay with him. He'd probably do something way worse later on. Poor you though, even though you'll get the money back, thankfully because some don't, it really does hurt when somebody so close steals from us. It's like, you trusted him so much, so much that you gave him your pin, and then he did that.. fucked up. All I can say is I feel so sorry for any woman who he marries or something... she can kiss goodbye to any savings she has and they'd definitely never be able to have a joint account or anything like that.
      Not that it would be ok if it were a small amount, but to steal such a large amount is really low.. he's scum.

• 11d

Yeah I know it would bad I have to cut him. It just sucks that this happened because I really did like him so if he never did this we could have been fine and I could have been happy with him but obviously I can't stay with someone who would do that to me. It also does hurt because I actually did care about him and him doing this shows he doesn't feel the same and clearly only cares about himself. It also just sucks having to realize how people so close to you can still do you so dirty. It's like I'm too pure and never expect people to do things like this to me or be that horrible but it's a lesson that I'll learn from. but I'll stop writing a essay lol just got a lot to say