Girls, Females: As you get older do you find yourself desperately trying to stay looking younger?

Honest answers pls

23

Most Helpful Girl

• I mostly just accept myself. I just try to make sure that my maturity level matches my age. I think it's okay to age as long as it's done gracefully.

What Girls Said 22

• I make more effort to take care of myself as I get older - better diet and exercise, a proper skin care regime instead of whatever was on sale 😜
    I don't really feel the need to look younger though, just keep everything as good as it can be for as long as possible

• I don't look any different than I did 10 years ago. Well besides hair and makeup. I actually look better, my skin has improved my body is nicer and I have more money to take better care of myself (skin and hair products). I am noticing that I can't party all night long like I did in my early 20s and I need my beauty sleep, but that's ok.

• 8d

I agree. I notice that I get sleepy quickly also. And that after a long day of work, all I want to do is rest and relax.

• It will probably be a surprise given my age, but no. Maybe it's because I still get ID'd at times which is weird because I know I don't look that young. Maybe in a few years I'll start. I've never bought any of those anti-aging products though, but I still don't see wrinkles or anything yet.

• No, I have a young face. I went to the theater with my, then boyfriend and my little sister. He bought his ticket and I bought ours. Someone came up to my boyfriend asking him if his daughters, me and my sis, would be interested in trying to get into child acting. He was offended and I was like wtf? I have my card and I'm paying for my own stuff

• Nope. People usually guess me younger anyways.

• not desperately.

I just do what I can to keep my skin young/ like not over stressing, moisturizing/ healthy food etc.

It's once in a while kind of thing/ mostly occurs when I feel I am being lazy/ not improving myself (not skin) etc.

• yeah

• No. I don't care.

• I'm 19 yet my coworkers think I'm too young to work (some sat I look 15 or 16)

• no not at all.

• Well I'm trying to take better care of my skin but not really. My stupid face and stupid flat chest makes me look like a little kid.

• No, but I'm only 20. I look younger than I am compared to others my age where I live.

• most likely how to stay young, like finding anti aging and start healthy lifestyle for better life. not desperately, it's natural and also we're already in a "whatever" phase of life, we don't care about what others think of us anymore

• Not really having to worry about that yet.
    I still get mistaken for a younger age all the time.

• I'm starting to notice small changes with my appearance now that I'm 25 but I always get told that I look 18 so I guess I don't have anything to worry about. If anything I actually feel more comfortable with myself the older I get, I've accepted my flaws and don't feel the need to compete with other women.

• I'm still crazy desirable, so... 😏😏😏

• Not yet haha. Plus I have good genes and look 16 (without makeup).

• no but im only 18 and i try to make myself look more mature

• No I must be blessed with youthful looks.

• I would say I am starting to take better care of myself because I want to age gracefully. I have cleaned up my diet I work out more and I have started using anti aging products. I wouldn't say I'm desperate just yet but I'm still in my 20's. Also my parents still look really young so I'm hoping I will have the same luck.
    I will admit I do feel more pressure as a woman to look a certain way.

• 8d

I agree. I notice this also that there is pressure to look beautiful and always on point.

• I have always felt a strong urge to purge and reinvent myself. I have never felt the urge to look younger than my age because I believe in being the best I can be while keeping it 100%... For me, that means being the best 29 year old I can be. I respect myself and my age because I know with age, wisdom generally follows. Youth is a beautiful thing but often a superficial one. I love my old ass just the way I am.

• 8d

29 is not old.

• 8d

Haa. It feels old but thanks 😉

• Quite the opposite. I try to make myself look older because I'm a senior in high school and people think I'm a freshman when they first meet me.