Would you still work if you were left a substantial amount of money in a Will?

Imagine you were left a substantial amount of money in a relatives Will. Enough to live off without having the need to work. Would you still continue to work?

Why or why not?

What Guys Said 12

• The goal of my life is to stop working as soon as possible, haha. I'd respectfully give my job 2-4 weeks notice, but that's all the work I'd be doing after I found out I had enough money to retire😆

• I would maybe work in my own business and I would do a lot of volunteer work keeping active and very busy

• Yes I would, I couldn't sit around not working. Maybe part time in a stress free role though ;-) or be my own boss.

• Probably but something very part time or that I could choose my hours and it would have to be something I really enjoyed doing, that didn't even seem like work to me. And I would just do it to keep busy, so I didn't get too bored.

• I would stop my regular work and do something from home. Like network marketing or something i like a lot.

• There's a big question mark on exactly how substantial the amount is.
    if it was more than 2 million fuck no.
    I could buy an apartment in the city for that and rent it out for 1000 a week and just live comfortably, within my means outside the city.

• I'd quit and become a full time investor, you can always have more money, and I have legitimate interest in investment (my college degree is a precursor to it)

• Depends on how much. If it is in the millions, no. I could invest and live off the money gained from the investments.

• Yes I would, maybe not the same job I do now but I would still feel the urge to work.

• I like work, so yes.

• Why not, if I'm doing what I love?

• Of course not. Actually my life is almost like that now.

What Girls Said 6

• I can't work so it would be incredibly generous of that relative.

• I don't know tbh i've never asked myself that question... but i guess i'll keep working

• yes if i like my job ( in fashion)

• Yes. But maybe only part time. Just so that I have something to do.

• Keep working without a doubt. I'd do something I love and save up for my children.

• Yeahh