Is the UK wrong not to make guns legal?

as this is a USA dominated site interested in the US opinion of our tight gun laws

What Girls Said 9

• Regardless whether this is a US dominated site, what the U. K. does is not America's direct business.

I believe the UK is fine without guns.

• 3d

It's like saying the BBC is a British site therefore every country who reads it must conform.

The web doesn't work like that.

• I like that we don't have guns. I am anti gun and I like knowing im not going to get shot on the way to work by some nutter.

• With ISIS Going around the Globe, @coolbreeze2, Everyone under the Sun Should be Locked and Loaded. xx

• I think we're pretty happy the way we are.

• Most Europeans seem to be completely terrified of guns. 😒

• No. America doesn't need guns either.

• Just take a look at our gun crime stats and those in the US... question answered!!

• Nope, it's definitely a good way to be

• You'd think if their people wanted guns, they would be demanding them. The UK and US are vastly different.

What Guys Said 17

• Canadian here.

The UK's gun laws as they currently stand are a typical knee-jerk, tabloid hysteria reaction to Dunblane.

There are huge cultural differences to be taken into account too - people in the UK are basically counting on their government to protect them (in the form of police and the army) whereas the US believe that when it really comes down to it, you need to be able to defend yourself when the chips are down.

• 3d

^This is the logical answer.

• 2d

It was just a question on why you thought an event a good 200 years after guns were around you thought was THE reason.

Sorry for bothering. I can't be bothered to have a conversation with you if I'm going to be questioned over every little thought trail.

Bye.

• 2d

actually I think you have a very good point here, that its exactly how we think in Uk.

• Americans send us your guns please, we would be grateful. AR-15 when?

33.media.tumblr.com/.../...02zJfR1sxcftfo1_400.gif

The government is wrong, the gangs get guns and we don't. How is that fair?

I just want one to call my own, I'd clean it , put it on my wall, sleep with it etc. Is it possible for a man and a gun to become friends? I think it can be done

i2.kym-cdn.com/.../d6f.jpg

Don't talk to me or my rifle ever again

• Personally I'm happy with us not having guns. ONE of my reasons for having this opinion is the fact that over here we have FAR less instances of gun violence than the US, but of course this is partially because America is so much bigger, but even still, we do have less gun violence in England than America does in some states.

Disclaimer: I am not calling Americans violent or dumb, i'm talking about the gun law, not all Americans, so calm down if you were about to comment something along the lines of "Not all of us!" i know that.

• Gun laws didn't stop the terrorist attacks in France, just saying. Americans have a soldier mentality, Europeans simply kneel and beg for their lives. I feel safer with a weapon.

en.wikipedia.org/.../November_2015_Paris_attacks

• No one is wrong or right. It's just whatever the government and society, collectively, want

• No it's better here this way. We don't see school shootings every month, or year for that fact. For the 21 years I've been alive, i;ve never heard of a mass shooting here.

• 3d

We are allowed shotguns by the way but that's only for specific people

• It's wrong to make them illegal. But most of the US's lax laws are not the answer either.

As with most things a middle ground like Germany is probably the best solution.

• u know hey, i always said, the best places to take over are the ones without guns. so na u shouldn't have guns. it makes it much more fun to invade. be it ISIS or aliens or what ever. we should just go ahead and round u guys all up and put u all in a barrel... might as well make it a tad easier for them.

• I could never live somewhere that's gun free.

• 3d

interesting, not something we think about. guns here are very rarely used.

• The U. K. Is a nanny state that regulates even the PORN people watch, tracks their internet usage, has CCTV cameras everywhere, etc.

Them not having guns seems like a minor issue in comparison

• 3d

This is literally scare mongering by the media. I live here, none of this is true.

• Don't give a yob a gun, it'd be a bloody embarrassment.

• Nah I'm fine with the UK's gun laws.

What I'm severely not fine with is the sudden outburst of conservative af laws like the porn law

• Grew up in Derry, Ireland with my family having links to the RIRA

Very anti gun, seeing them as having no use in a civilised society outside of the need for them in the military

• American checking in. Guns should be legal everywhere and anyone 12 and up should own one for protection.

• Yes. If you've done nothing wrong, there is no reason you shouldn't be allowed to own guns. Canada is far better off than you guys, but still way to strict.

• I would not care, because I do not own guns.

• What's the point of allowing people to carry a gun? I don't see any benefit for anyone.