Is Samsung basically considered android?

0|0
8|19

What Guys Said 19

• No, because many other devices use android too. Samsung is the largest user of android but not the sole user. Android is Google. Google is taking over the universe. Soon you won't be able to urinate without Google confirming it in email.

0|0
    0|0
  • Technical clarification; Android runs on the phones, not the other way around. They make the hardware it runs on, and since they've chosen Android as their platform of choice, it makes sense their phones are made to run that OS. It's hideously expensive (from a hardware standpoint) to move from one OS to another.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, of course not. Samsung makes many non-Android products.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes. They are well known for making really good phones that use android. My Samsung Galaxy S7 is amazing.

0|0
    0|0
  • It uses android

0|0
    0|0
  • They use a modified Android OS. They aren't Android themselves.

0|0
    0|0
  • lmao

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Samsung is the company that makes the products, designs it and stuff. It runs on Android, the only smart phone ompanies are Apple, and Microsoft phones (I'm not sure about those Google phones, but I imagine they run Android)

0|0
    0|0
  • No they are not, they just simply use android as their operating system.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, Samsung makes Android phones , such as Samsung Galaxy S 7

0|0
    0|0
  • No...
    Samsung is a brand which manufactures tech goods. Their phones happens to use androids os

0|0
    0|0
  • Samsung phone runs on Adnroid. yes

0|0
    0|0
  • yes because they run on Android

0|0
    0|0
  • yes it is

0|0
    0|0
  • it is considered a carrier for android if i am not mistaken.

0|0
    0|0
  • Their phones run on Android yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Samsung is a hardware brand. Android is the operating system. So yes, Samsung phones are Android phones.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• No. HTC, LG, Motorola, BLU, and even Google use the android operating system in addition to all the other smaller brands use Android.

0|0
    0|0
  • They run on Android but they are not themselves Android... it's a separate company, much like Windows is a separate company from HP or Asus.

0|0
    0|0
  • Anything that runs on Google is Android.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Samsung is the phone manufacturer/ company
    Android is just the system

0|0
    0|0
  • They run on android.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course. Samsung is only the brand/company name.

0|0
    0|0
  • No I don't think so

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Samsung uses the Android operating system (which is produced by Google).

0|0
    0|0