Why can't I anymore?

Why can't I sing anymore I used to be able to sing pretty good but know my voice sounds bad or at least not as good as it used to why? Most my family are smoker's and I'm around it a lot do you think that maybe that's why?

What Guys Said 7

• You say you hit puberty at 13 and your almost 16. You said this has been happening for about 3 years. Sounds like puberty if my math is anything but atrocious.

• 3d

I'm almost 17 not 16

• 3d

I don't want to be famous I don't want to be a singer either I just want my voice back and I will never be able to sing

• 3d

... okay...

• That might have something to do with it. But I'm going to bet and say puberty hit your voice. Sorry girl.

• 3d

I went through puberty at 13 I'm 16 going on 17

• 3d

did you not read about the part that says being fat leads to major health problems and a decline in your quality of life? Being fat is REALLY unhealthy.

• 3d

Whoopi I don't see why I should care life isn't worth living anyway

• That could be one reason. Voice changes as you age, especially in teenaged years. But you can still sing to have fun

• 3d

No I can't

• 1d

Floating is not swimming

• 1d

Swimming is not simply flapping your arms around. If that were the case then so many people would not drown. Swimming involves floating. Humans can float. They can also swim

• It's not the second-hand smoke. You could be going through puberty so your voice changes. Just keep practicing

• 3d

• 3d

I can't hit the notes anymore and I sound like a drowning hipo

• Me too! And then, some kid left the AC on in my room at a summer camp and my voice got all raw. It got better, but my voice was never like before.

• Do you strain at all? It can be easy to damage your voice that way. It might be pretty resilient at 17, but you need to learn proper technique or your voice will get a lot worse as you age.

It could be the smoke, too.

• 3d

O my voice is gone so it doesn't matter if I damage it it's been gone 3 fucking years so it's pretty safe to say I won't be signing

• 3d

Like I said, adult voice fluctuations are a thing and can occur through your 30s. Just give it time.

• 3d

I'm tired of waiting I never sing anymore

• Probably your voice slightly changed as you aged.

• 3d

I went through puberty at 13 I'm going on 17

What Girls Said 2

• You need to do vocal warm us and sing on a regular basis. You use muscles when you sing and if you don't exercise them they will get weak.

• Possibly. What's wrong? Can you describe what you feel when you try to sing?

• 3d

I just can't hit notes anymore I used to love to sing but now I sound like a drawing hipo its nothing new I have been this way about 3 years

• 3d

Try having a hearing test. If you pass it, speak to a voice coach. I can't imagine how awful it would be to lose the ability to sing.

• 3d

My hearing is fine I just can't sing