Am I depressed?

I'm 21. Im attending college.
I am constantly feeling like Im not living life to the fullest. Im scared of wasting my "golden years." I feel like time is going so fast and it frightens me a bit.
I am constantly jealous of people who are having more fun than me, prettier than me, more fortunate than I am.
Although, I really try to be grateful for what I have, I can't seem to shake it off or stop comparing my life to others, which makes me unhappy.
I constantly see life unfair.
I always feel like there is something better out there
I do have a social life, I do go out a lot, im doing well in school.
I just dont know why I feel like this, help?

9d I feel like I'm a negative person. Although, I'm super sweet and I make friends very quickly! I'm not anti social or anything..

Most Helpful Guy

• You may have mild depression, but it sounds like there's a lot of other emotions wrapped up in there. Fear, jealousy, envy, longing. Your emotions are like a forest. If you go running into the forest, what will you see? Not much, if anything. But if you slowly go in, and wait patiently, sooner or later you start to see the animals of the forest come out, and you can see them for what they are. You can analyze your fear, and other emotions, and deal with them on your own terms. But you need to relax and allow yourself time to deal with them.

What Guys Said 3

• Ahh sound like me. You see I was once in that category, what with feeling depressed, wanting to be alpha guy and be the guy everyone would turn to, be able ta have tons of friends and go places. You see your mood, your feelings... Your emotions are.. Just that! All in your head. You say you feel grateful and is a nice person. That is true but your pattern.. Its off. Once you change the way you think then you move on the next step. FINDING your calling. I hated when people come up to me for advice. I didn't care. They used me for that and never ask how I was doing. 2 years later... I am now a mentor. Get called mentor, Angel, nice guy, sent from heaven.. Maybe it's not for you. But to change your thought pattern to positive is by knowing you way around situations. Just remember rough days has come pass not to stay, never let your mind win the battle. Think about stuff that you enjoy doing and pursue it. Stay away from the ouiji board. Kidding but, seriously your thought process. Change it.

• Learning to not care about what others think of you and / or keep up with the Joneses is the greatest freedom you will ever discover.

Wasting your golden years? Lock down the best guy you can at 23-24 and settle down and raise a family.

• Is envy. Can lead to depression. Just live life.

What Girls Said 4

• No you aren't depressed. Seriously, what is it with people jumping to "I must be depressed" if they feel any negative emotions. Negative emotions are perfectly normal. Humans experience a spectrum of negative emotions and too many people are jumping on the "depression bandwagon" instead of learning to be more emotionally-intelligent. So things aren't how you want them, that's life, we all have to work hard to create the life we want but in the meantime you need to learn to get perspective and find things that have a positive effect on your mentality. Actually make the effort to address different areas and acknowledge why you feel certain emotions before assuming you're depressed.

• 9d

I've felt like this for awhile. I wouldn't say I jumped right into the "I'm depressed" bandwagon. Actually, my boyfriend told me that I sound depressed, and I kept denying it. Maybe I'm not. I hope not. I just can't shake these constant negative feelings.. It's not every once in awhile, it's pretty constant that I feel pressured and envious. You're right though, I do want to try to change my perspective.

• 9d

You can feel depressed sometimes, it doesn't mean you have depression. Actively make the effort to change your mindset and stop fixating on how bad you feel or you won't feel better, it's that simple.

• There are some days where I start to feel like that and I'm just like you but I wouldn't say your depressed however if you really feel that bad you should talk to a professional because I'm just a young teen giving you my opinion

• If you're feeling like you're depressed the best thing to do is to go see a professional to evaluate your feelings. I know it seems scary but it will help you better understand how you feel.

• Hun depression is like a dark cloud. It sucks your happiness which you have. But it also stops that motivation to go out, your tired all the time. Which isn't a joke. Your emotional and the moods wings are horrible...
    so you have some but just sounds like your having a rough time and bitter about it. Hopefully that doing well in school will pay off and you'll feel better about yourself