Why are you the way you are?

What is something that happened in your life that had a major effect on you? Good or bad.

Most Helpful Guy

• My parents decided to bump uglies.
    Their parents decided to bump uglies.
    Their parents' parents decided to bump uglies.
    Their parents' parents' parents decided to have some filthy cavemen sex.
    And it worked out fine so far for the last 2 million years.

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 20

• Because I exist, therefore I am what I am. I did not ask to come into existence and neither did I ever request to come into existence here into this kind of an existence, reality, world or whatever you want to name it. Because that was entirely someone else's choice in which I absolutely had no control over. How I exist and what I would exist as was never on me, I never got to pick and choose whom or what I would exist as and is existing as.

@Unit1, @Library, @Waffles731, @ThisDudeHere, @Shawn58 What do you all think?

• I exist for the same reason. I am the way I am because of my nature and nurture.

• In all technicality, you are completely right.

• I am here because my parents had unprotected sex one time too much. Need I say more?

Nevertheless I am here and that's it. What else can I say?

• The Cubs won.

That haunted me to the very core

• French women and greasy US food, probably. Also an Italian mother and an Irish father.

• When I was 21, I was with a girl friend, who was very possessive about me. She used to get upset about me chatting with my friends etc..,. then we used to end up in fights and then she used to cry a lot. In the initial days I used to console her as the days passed couldn't take it and I used to shout on her and unintentionally made her cry a lot, I never used to feel how it went on her. One day the same thing happened to me and I felt how it would feel when you hurt someone. That is the day I have decided that I am not going to make anyone cry particularly girls. So, till now I haven't done anything which made any girl cry or ended up hurting. And what ever I do, I just think how it would influence others before doing it.

• Well 8th grade i went away from parents to a new school with totally different environment... I was like,,, you can call me dumb, shitty, strange and not at all friendly... but as years passed i am in 12th grade i am confident, i look good and life is just great... thanks to puberty

• Both my parents and sisters past away when I was 11 years old in an accident and only person left is me alone the last member of all my family, I've been alone since then without anyone of to take care of me so I had to sit on the street to money begging to live, to get to school and study. Is been super hard time since then until I earned enough money to get to school and usually get bullied.

• both my parents dying before i was 17, with it hardening I and inspiring a belief that i need to make it by myself

• started coke

• Depression. Forced me to change for good.

• What has a major effect in my life is , facing many illnesses since age 24
    facing the deaths of my Grandparents, been on many medications having
    problems with ones not agreeing with me.

• I think either going for a trade or staying longer in school would have changed my life dramatically. I got my Bachelor's degree, though.

• Because society has molded me into the way I am

• because everyone else is already taken

• I am the way I am because of my genes, prenatal influences, life experiences and choices...

• i had to quit soccer after my injury. I was in the national team

• I believe losing my dad when I was 13 had a major effect on me. I believe my life would be different if my dad was still alive.
    Well to be honest I like the way my life is right now, yet I miss him.

• I woke up this way

• Hummm... I'd say difficult time in elementary school. Teachers didn't seem to believe in me or like me. I had a high IQ but I didn't know it. Later on in life I squeezed 8 years of college into 6 and became a professional person. Someone who knew me in elementary school recently told me, "You really showed those teachers!"

• I was golden until I got betrayed, then I became a cynical shell.

• Addiction. Depression. Obsession.

What Girls Said 8

• I'm kinda like Robin Scherbatsky life - to prove that she can do it to her dad.
    i have a dad who have his bro like sorority from his all boys boarding school.
    it's really good to have a connection and strong bonds like that, but, the down size is, he don't know how to treat a lady/girl, so I always man up and do everything own my own, he don't trust me and always look down to my achievement since I was young (he more favor my brothers) so I work out my own way to prove he's wrong.

so, that's make me independent and excel in my life/career is like something that I need to show to my dad. but we're okay now lolz

• During my teen years, I use to judge people without getting to know them. When I was 19, I witnessed some people judging my older brother and I was hurt and was depressed. I realized what I was doing was wrong and I changed.

• When I was a kid, I was sweet and kind towards everyone. So I wanted my old self back before I was a teenager.

• Uh, I think a big part was because of my hearing impediment.

• Because of all the shit I had to deal with growing up, it's made me the person I am today, and not someone I'm really happy with

• today you re you
    that s truer than true
    there is no one in life who s youer than you :p

• Who knows

• bad genetics + parents lifestyle + brother almost dying

• I'm still finding myself. I've changed a lot though, 2015 was very hard to me and 2016 was not bad but it wasn't good either. I'm just thankful to be alive and for the people in my life.