What is your first memory?

Most Helpful Girl

• Me jumping out of my crib onto my mom's bed and slapping her silly. Clearly I had issues with her even then...

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't have a great memory of my childhood just lots of random ones that happened but no indication of when - I remember seeing my grandma sitting in the kitchen of her farm so that had to be under five years of age because she passed away then.

What Girls Said 14

• Remember when I was 2 years old and had a white and pink decorated cake with 20+ people in the room for my birthday. It scared me a lot so probably why I remember it 😅

• 9d

Wow really?

• 8d

Believe it or not, I am the exact same way..

• 8d

Oh wow, really?

• Waking up in bed at 4 years old a few days before my 5th birthday.

• I remember saying my first word, or at least the reaction everyone around made.

About the same time, i remember being terrified of a plastic tasmanian devil, the cartoon character.

• 9d

I can only imagine what the first word was..

• 9d

only in the summer and mostly because i dont have a/c

• 9d

Well time to come up out those clothes.. Nah just kidding lol. Hold your tongue next time you say apple :)

• Five years old in my jammies in front of fireplace in the basement opening xmas! Fond memories too!

• Me getting my ass whooped by my mom and hiding behind my sis & she'd be like tryna protect me then my mom would beat us both 😭😂❤️

• I'm not sure, but I guess my first memory has to do with the walks I used to go with my grandfather.
    I was so naive and innocent at that time. And stupid too.

• My appendix rupturing at age 4

• 8d

Wow really?

• 8d

I remember falling to the floor in our foyer in pain, I remember being in the hospital and i remember receiving hand drawn cards from my pre-K classmates.

• Easter egg hunting with my grandfather.

• my dad talking to me when i was in my crib
    playing black dragon on our computer while sitting on my dad's lap.
    being given a bath in the sink by my grandmother's friend...

• My birthday party at McDonalds when I was 3.

• I don't know what my first memory is. A couple memories comes to mind from when I was very little and they are not very good... so I prefer not to share them.

• I can't remember lol

• An accident when I was almost 3 years old.

• I remember being at my house with my mother when she was teaching me to read, I remember specifically the letter i and above it there was the image of a church (because church in Spanish is iglesia). She always says that I learnt to read when I was 2 years old and also that she "regreted" later because she always had to buy books for me lol.
    Very nice memories for me!

What Guys Said 10

• I remember playing with my gi joes and he man action figures.

• I remember being nursed by my mom in an apartment in Brooklyn. I'm not sure how old I was but I was definitely less than 5. As I was getting nursed, someone threw a rock and smashed the window.

We ended up moving to a different part of the city after that.

• I remember the smell of coconut ginger softsoap incredibly distinctly from my dads first house after him and my mom separated. I believe I was 2 at the time. I don't know why it's so strong of a memory.

• ı dont remember anything about my past

• Going to Florida by train! It was shortly after 9/11 and my father didn't want to go by airplane.

I remember not being able to fall asleep, and staring out the train window and watching the sunrise for the first time, I was 5 years old

• Steped into a cat poo and i wad craying all day and wanted to make it go away and poked my shoe with a stick

• ı remember that times, when i'm in my dad's balls.. That was good times.. I was just swimming from there to there...

• One of my first clear memories is 9/11. It was my 5th birthday...

• 9d

That's one hell of a memory

• 9d

Yeah I remember I was at home with my mom and my dad called to tell her to turn the tv on. I remember her crying but I didn't really understand what was going on...

• 9d

Not my first memory, but I remember the space shuttle Challenger explosion in 1986. We were all sent home from school early.

• my 1st memory probably was when I was eating grapes at the age of 3

• My first memory is of me laying in a hospital cradle after being born. I had a colorful toy hanging above me, and the adults eventually gathered around me.

• 9d

Newspapers ask intimate questions
      Want confessions
      They reach into my head
      To steal the glory of my story