How do YOU mentally prepare for work?

You know those days where you just go in the mirror and fake it like..

How do YOU mentally prepare for work?
But really you just wanna watch Netflix and hide from life.

How do you get yourself PUMPED to go make money?

I've had a pretty good week so far.. made about $1000 already. I wanna clear $1500 by the weekend but.. I'm lagging today.

Any tips... motivational songs.. etc.. what gets you up and at em in the morning?

What Guys Said 16

• I wake up an hour and a half before I have to go, then I cry. Then I google some really expensive apartments which normally gives me enough will power to get into the shower where I usually cry even more by the thought of how I feel like having lunch today will hinder me saving money. Like, that's how poor I am.

Then I pretend interview myself in the mirror as I comb my hair as if I'm super rich and famous one day and I feel a lot better. I usually act like a total jerk to everyone in the morning because I'm still pretending I'm rich.

• Not Elliot Smith, that's for sure. Not the most motivational. The thing that helps for me is thinking "I have no choice. This is just something i have to do." Doesn't sound that motivational, but if you really burn that into your brain, then it helps, in my opinion. And if that fails, then an extra hel9ing of caffeine.

• 7d

Hahaha, but what about "picking up the ticket shows there's money to be made" that is literally my life.

• 7d

Also my problem is.. I don't mind working just enough to pay the bills. I struggle with the extra stuff. But I'm really pushing myself, lately.

• 7d

Dreadful sorry, Clementine. Even I got depressed just from noticing your username. xD But, whatever works.

I totally get that. "I already have enough money, so what's the point?" Maybe making another goal would help. Like, aiming to buy something or aiming to save up a specific amount of money for future issues or retirement and such. You obtained the goal of "cover expenses", so just make another goal of "prepare for future expenses" or something like that.

• Nothing really just knowing I have to get out the bed so I can continue to provide for my kids and keep the house warm and the lights on. I'm doing get pumped I just look in the mirror, take a deep breath, fix my tie and head out the door.

• well i don't mind going into work. i got my whole routine going and I can dig it. i make money. shits awesome.

• You sound like you are not passionate about what you are doing for a living and it can be difficult To become motivated. I listen to Les Brown sometimes in the morning.

• I'm trying to get my mind busy by listening to some news messages in the car :D
    And my job is to make money... working in finance and trying to help the company to maximize its profits :D

• I just say to myself "Don't work, don't get paid." But I'm also just a dishwasher. But I like working, it's a good purpose.

• Get shit done, face up to it.

• Im a workaholic so it was never a problem. I had two days of jury duty after a 4 day holiday weekend and it felt weird...

• Ok besides your fake ass job, I generally get up about 20 minutes before I leave for work.

• I just go

• wtf 1500$ in a week what do you do?

• I just drink my coffee and plod on in there :(

• My work doesn't require a brain, just speed.

• just remember that it is a space to meet new people and a way to gain money to do what u love

• Well in all of my jobs I always had a really cute co-worker that I chatted with all the time so on days like that I just think about looking forward to flirting with them because sadly that might be the only fun part of the work day. But now I'm not doing high school/college jobs anymore and am working on getting into my field so hopefully my motivation will be that I'm doing something that actually matters.

What Girls Said 10

• I love working. I hate self motivated work, so i struggle to go about actually GETTING a job, but once i have it?
    The most motivated worker, i do everything you ask and the longer a shift goes on for the more energy i get, i worked at Maccas for a while and one of my workmates said she hated me because she was at the tail end of a six hour shift and felt like death, while i was finishing an eight hour shift and my only complaint was sore feet. Other than that i was still bouncing and smiling.

• I think about the coffee I'll have when I get there.

• I work a job that pays 6.50 an hour and I just had my hours cut by 8. I get up and tell myself to get my shit together cause I've no other choice.

• It just has to be done. Perk up, grab a drink for the drive in and find a good Spotify playlist to blare and get myself into a happy place before arriving.
    If I get to the office mopey and annoyed that's what my whole day will be like

• Think of all the things that motivate me to get that $$. If that fails, I fill my water bottle with vodka :)

• Honestly I am terrifed of going in to work. I work retail and I am always afraid a customer might yell at me or something lol. The thing that get me through the day is money. I love money!😂

• I just tell myself I need the money.

• I usually cry and then tell myself to stop being a pussy in my bathroom mirror.

• The hardest thing is getting out of bed. It's all downhill from there. Caffeine helps.

• Bills can't pay themselves. Lol