What happens to your conciousness when you die?

I've been watching a lot of autopsies and I got curious. Do you believe in the afterlife? Reincarnation? I'm curious to hear your opinions. Debates are welcome here.

Also, have you had and near death experiences?

318

Most Helpful Guy

• no clue. that is the question of life right? the conscious or "spirit" or "sou" and what happens to it after death. if you believe in re-incarceration your soul goes to another being. if you believe in heaven and hell your soul would go to one of those to places. and many believe the soul dies when the body dies

Most Helpful Girl

• Let me remember... Mmm... Last time I died It felt like very ecstatic experience, in all honesty.
    The first time I died was really unforgettable, you know everything first is great, oh I miss that time.

Lol seriously, I think there's nothing after death, just nothing... Nonexistence..

What Guys Said 17

• I had a near death experience when I was 10 and your life does flash before your eyes. I feel like the odds are 50-50 there's an afterlife of some sort but I have no clue what it looks like. I suspect the specific descriptions we get from religion are pretty inaccurate just the same way that I believe the odds are only marginally greater than 50-50 that there is a God. I'm a man of faith but a skeptical one.

Don't get me started on the resurrection.

• Hard to say since 97% of us haven't been dead. But probably we lose it since consciousness comes from the brain and since death is the breakdown of biological organs and stops blood flow to the brain, it simply ends

• I don't know girl, but if I wake up and see you, I'll have known I've gone to heaven ;)

• I do believe in an afterlife

• Well, from what i have saw on this one program, people experience going back to life of time when they were children, some experience seeing their mother, some see their father or a grandfather.

• I guess we will only know the real answers to all this when we die 👍

• The same place the light of a candle goes when you blow it out.

• You most likely lose it and it rots away

• Dies as well, I guess. Or maybe roams the earth forever.

• The afterlife. (AKA Heaven.)
    I'm Christian. 😇

• It gets punched in the face.

• No one knows. That's another question that can't be answered.

• How's Malcolm?

• only Jesus knows

• Yo lose consciousness & just die.

• Basically how life was like before you were born, nothing.

• you just die. that is why murder suicides end up as winners.

What Girls Said 2

• I don't believe in afterlife, I believe when we're dead it's over, it ends right there. Reincarnation, hmm, I don't as well, just that people may have similarities with a dead person, physically and mentally wise, we're too many, at least two or more of one human must exist at some point

• life is eternal. when you are born you just keep living. death of the body is only temporary. depending on your repentance, humility and love in this life, you'll either experience heaven or hell in the afterlife.