Can this happen at a sperm bank?

Can a women get sperm from a sperm bank and some how track the father and make him pay child support? How I see it is he is the father?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 16

• Not in Florida. We have a law which specifically says that a sperm donor has no parental rights or obligations arising from births arising from his sperm donations.

• No, it's contractual in nature. The fact that you are pregnant from a donar, means that you signed a number of legal wavers. And as the donor can prove his intent, (also contractual - ie he can't track you down and demand visitation) I can't see any court ordering child support. If they ever did it would kill the sperm bank system.

• - * knock knock *
    - who's there?
    - I'm a woman you have never known or had sex with her and I have a baby from you
    - http://oi67.tinypic.com/2e1y7t0.jpg

• No you both sign agreements before that. If that ever happened sperm banks would be shut down. Though I do think it should be a child's legal right to know who their parents were not just for medical reasons but so they dont end up sleeping with or marrying their close relatives. An uncle of mine said he knew of a few cases years were affairs had and of course been covered up as it was in those days resulting in half cousins and half siblings marryings.

• Sperm Banks have a policy of secrecy. Even if a women finds out who is the biological father of her child , the sperm doner is not liable to pay for child care as per law. Law protects such sperm doners if they deal with registered sperm banks.

• Nope.

• Nope. The laws protect him from that. Of course he has also forfeited his parental rights.

• it was your choice to get sperm at the bank, and besides the guys donate their sperm voluntarily so it would be really sick of the woman to want child support under these circumstances

• It's not supposed to be possible but the laws vary by state. It's still possible.

• the sperm bank have you sign a contract and it mentions they will not release any info without your consent. if they do you could have a massive law suit and no you would not be liable for child support but it's fucked up cause the kid would find out who yoy are and you'll have to deal with that then

• You shouldve went anon cause this makes you sound crazy lol

• Hollywood. Smh

• If that did happen, I would find that pretty dumb, tbh

• It has happened to some unfortunate souls.

• Um I don't know anything about tbat😭😭. I'm a Dumbass..

• Thats very possible.

What Girls Said 6

• Pretty sure that no, they don't give that information out without the mans consent and if she somehow did manage to find him, I don't think he is liable to pay for the kid.

• Tsk not at all. Yes it would be possible to track the father however he would not be obligated to pay child support. Think of it as though someone donated blood. That blood is then used in an operation that results in the patients death. The hospital cannot sue the person who donated blood even if it was that blood that caused the death. It would be hospitals choice to use that blood which resulted in the failure of the operation.

• I am gonna rob that bank

• Your not planning to do that, right?

• No I think they have to sign a contract that protects the sperm donor from being responsible.

• I don't believe that can happen, as his sperm was "donated" in a sense. He was paid for a service that he provided, and technically speaking, he wouldn't have gotten the person pregnant because he did not have sex with them.