Whom should we believe - Jesus or the Church?

We find here that Jesus was not co-equal with the Father, for Jesus said: "The Father is greater than I" (John 14:28). The priests forget this and they say that Jesus is equal to the Father.

Muslims and Christians agree that God is self-existent. That means that He does not derive his existence from anyone. Yet the bible tells us that Jesus' existence is caused by the Father. Jesus says in this Gospel: "I live because of the Father" (John 6:57).

The bible tells us that Jesus did not have any authority of his own when he quotes Jesus as saying: "I can do nothing of my own authority" (John 5:30). This agrees with what we learn about Jesus from the other Gospels. In Mark, for example, we learn that Jesus performed miracles by a power which was not within his control.

8d Is Jesus God? The Bible Says, "No!" Part 6

Evidence in the Gospel that deny the divinity of Jesus.

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a33413-is-jesus-god-the-bible-says-no-part-6

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 4

• I believe in ("Yeshua"; ""Salvation", better known as "Jesus" in English). the church is an institution administered by fallible humans. I would review with the Sacred Writ, before believing the words of anyone... layman or minister of whatever denomination.

On the question of the Father and the Son being equals or the one greater than the other, that is one of the reasons the Eastern Orthodox Church (who see a hierarchy, if I'm not mistaken) split from the Roman Catholic Church (who see divine equals). With Martin Luther trained as Catholic clergy, the Protestant churches retained (or "retain" in present tense) a good part of Catholic elements.

• 8d

Revision: "I believe in ישוע‎/ܝܫܘܥ ("Yeshua"; ""Salvation", better known as "Jesus" in English)."

• I have an idea for a game. Let's argue over whatever silliness we can find in a 1600 year old book that has been reinterpreted so many times we've lost count.

• We need to stop taking bronze age mythology seriously, it's 2016.

• 0|2