Am I depressed?

Lately I've been feeling like I shouldn't talk anymore. I feel like no one really likes me or want me to be here. Whenever I do try to be social I feel like no one cares about what I say and regret that I even said anything. I just feel like I don't really fit in. Today I skipped class and sat in the restroom and just started crying and I couldn't stop. Eventually someone found me and made me go speak to a counselor but I didn't want to talk to her so I just sat in her office and cried until the bell rung. I've been feeling like this for years on and off but I'm a senior in high school now and I don't want to go out in real life like this and not knowing what's wrong with me.

What Guys Said 1

• You should go to a psychologist for an assessment. Though I more or less conquered my depression by reducing highly stressful events. You are at that age when school, relationships, family and everything starts crashing down on you. I am sure your therapist will know what to do with your particular case.

What Girls Said 2

• You could be depressed, but you could also have some kind of mood disorder as well. If you are really concerned then you should try to seek out professional help, that way you can hopefully figure out what is going on.

• i think it's depression