Apartment Dwellers, Have you ever gotten into a music war with the apartment next to, above or below you?

Apartment Dwellers, Have you ever gotten into a music war with the apartment next to, above or below you?Currently in a music battle with the upstairs neighbors. I don't much like being woken up with a large amount of bass so I have come up with a proven way to combat that

Can't hear the Neighbor's music any more since I started playing it. Another few hours might help the lesson sink in!

• Yes
  • Somewhat
  • No
    Vote C

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 12

• No but in my old apartment where I lived at the age of 6 there was a racist white woman who didn't like chinese people and wanted to get us kicked out of our home so she kept complaining that we were making a lot of noise at night and we always got in trouble with the apartment employees who told us over and over again to tone done our noise. One day she accused us of making noise when we were on vacation (and we had the receipts to prove we weren't even in the country when she accused us of making a lot of noise and keeping her up at night). From them on - she was exposed as a liar and nobody took her seriously anymore when she tried to complain about us.

• I'm surprised so many people have had this issue. I have noise-cancelling headphones and noise-cancelling earphones, or else I'd be the one people were complaining about, lol.

I have never had neighbors play loud music in an apartment building. But when I was in college and grad school, of course. I am non-confrontational, so I didn't say anything. But it made me feel justified to play MY music loud when I felt like it. But in apartments, nah, I use the headphones. I find music more satisfying with a good pair of headphones anyway.

• Lol. My Dad used to call that game "Battle of the Bands." It's a lot of fun until the cops show up. Just so you know, people in the suburbs do it too. Any neighborhood does it if there are enough young people around, if you live in a house, that's more reason to think you can get away with it.

• Having Lived like a Gypsy for Many a Year Here, dear, going Place to Place... Yes. Encounters with Some, hun, in different Dwellings with Various Dwellers, with Plenty of Faces and Spaces.
    Good Luck. xx

• The person who lives above me plays the most beautiful soundtracks... never met him/her but we love many of the same teacks.

• like a month ago me and my mom got in a battle with the people downstairs becuase they were blasting music from 2-5am so we put on our heels and started blasting music and stomping to the beat only thing that did though is make the people downstairs get louder and the people upstairs to start banging on the floor but after 10 minutes the people downstairs turned down

• The people below me like to have random parties at like 3am -- not just on weekends too, during the normal work week. I'm an Irish dancer, and usually I'll put on my hard shoes and go Lord of the Dance on them. They usually stop right away.

**Note, I live in a triplex styled apartment. Three stories, with only three apartments, so I don't have anyone beside me or above me to irritate.

• No but one time I heard someone having sex in the apartment below mine. So I blasted my music pretty loud. Nothing more satisfying than raining on someone's parade muhahaha

• No lol but through always play music loud.

• Never-I'd have to start popping out children and screaming at them to beat her at her own game.

• I just knock on their door and tell them to lower it if it lasts forever. If it happens again I talk to the landlord. They moved out shortly after. That is tied with screaming and fighting neighbors. Ugg.

• nope never but i did have neighbors worried about me when i had lovers stay the night

• 4d

You have others over to your apartment does not concern your neighbors. I hope your neighbors were not fetish people.

What Guys Said 19

• Ahahahahaha! Oh yeah. I used to live with my grandparents, and the neighbors above their apartment played some weird music that I don't even know the style of. And it was usually late Saturday and Sunday nights. They invited friends and partied until 2am sometimes. 🕑 My parents bought us a subwoofer. 📢 I bought some empty rewritable cd's, 💿 burned some black metal music onto them, and played it whenever those neighbors turned their music on. Eventually the neighbors stopped. 🔇

• Yes. The fucker above me in my last place would play the same two or three tracks as loud as hell... and then nothing. I mean, great, you have a track the motivates you... but NOT AT 1AM. ESPECIALLY NOT WHEN YOU FUCK A GIRL FOR 60 SECONDS AND THEN YOU'RE DONE. Poor girl.

All i can say is - don't get into a war with someone above you. Simple gravity means you won't win. You can't easily attach your speakers to the ceiling.

• Music or loud noises do not compare to the launching of aircraft or bombardment of marines dropping weights above you.

• Yes I have. Once my neighbor was blasting hard rock. I'd asked him a couple times to keep it down, but he was very rude about it and didn't care. Finally after about 20 minutes of him blasting his music, i set my P. A. system in my living room. Cranked the volume up as loud as I could without blowing and speakers, and looped https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBPON_JhG-Q for about 4 hours while i went out to a movie and dinner. After that I didn't have to many problems.

• Only once with the girl and her friend living next door. They cranked the music when I was trying to relax so I hooked my 50W Peavey Amp to my IPod and jacked up the bass. Prior to that it was in a regular apartment complex and I just complained to management to resolve the issue.

• 4d

The intro to Enter the Sandman from Metallica sound awesome. Haha

• I've done that with my brother since we live next to each other in our parent's house. He usually wins though since he's got this giant surround sound thing he set up himself with scrap and junk he found on eBay. That, and he's losing his hearing daily due to this so usually the music doesn't bother him regardless.

• Ha Ha Yep. I sing, too. I played the drums and they started pounding out drum beats on my ceiling. I need a house.

• Nope, and kick their pansy assses

• fortunately never had problems like that where i live right now.

when i was young, i mean, 18, i had, and i was frankly bullied by the other older dudes in that house lol

• Many of us have been there. I first 3 years in marriage we live in an apartment. We had to deal with things as people playing their music too loud. Hearing sex sound from other apartments. Dealing with others drinking.

• Yeah, the couple up above will play their music loud, never done much about it after while we got use to it so we don't hear them too much anymore.

• I used to visit my brother in his apartment and his neighbors used to have music loud all of the time like blasting.

• Yes but they didn't bet on the fact I have access to rock concert grade sound equipment

• We never hear other peoples music since we moved into an over-50 retirement village. But the only music wars I remember ever having was when I was much younger, living in an AF dorm

• I had a downstairs neighbor that had been calling the police for noise. Eventually he had me arrested. Seems flushing my toilet or walking was the issue. I wasn't charged and he was evicted the next day.

• Nope. I have a vinyl player in my apartment and no ones complained about me playing music and I never hear neighbors play it. Only time I've heard music from my neighbors was during New Years.

• That didn't happen.

• nope just fucked my wife till screams it creeps people out so i win

• I'm a headphones guy.