Is it possible to be in love with someone you don't trust?

• Yes
    58%(23)51%(37)Vote44%(14)
  • NO!!
    28%(11)38%(27)Vote50%(16)
  • I won't think so
    14%(6)11%(8)Vote6%(2)
Select a gender to cast your vote:
7d
sorry, seems my question has wrong meaning to it. What I wanted to know is this: Can we love someone we don't trust.
6d
When it comes to breakups, perhaps, this might be the reason that men feel it harder than women. As most men are seeking complete trust in relationship; women can love someone they don't even trust.
Women are smarter than men when it comes to relationships!😉😉

What Girls Said 13

• Personally, I couldn't.

Before I fall in love I need to know a guy on a deeper level. I need to know his true character , and have an emotional and mental connection with him. That can only happen if firstly, I build trust in him.

If I can't trust a guy , I can't love him.

If I was in love with a guy, and he broke my faith and trust by deceiving me , or betraying me in someway then I'd fall out of love with him

• 7d

until now, I was thinking the same. How could we love someone we don't trust? but it seems people believe in it.

• I think love should be built on trust. So, if you don't trust someone you can't love them.
    At least, I couldn't. Because I would feel insecure.

• i don't think so

• I'd say it's possible. But that doesn't mean it's a good idea, or that it will be as great as being in love with someone you can trust.

• 6d

@Asker Really, you think it's "smart" to be capable of loving someone who isn't trustworthy? It's "smart" to be in love with someone who might cheat on you, or lie to you, or abuse you? Please clarify what the hell your update is supposed to mean.

• 5d

easy! agree with me 😜

• 5d

I certainly can't agree with you that breakups are always harder on men. Breakups are harder on the person who got dumped, or the person who was more invested in the relationship. It's not a matter of gender.

• Being in love, yes. Falling in love, no.

• 7d

so many forms of love... and that is one reason to hate love

• No way

• I don't think so

• I wouldn't be in love with them then.

• I believe so. I was. However, since I knew I couldn't trust him I let go of those feelings. Trust is huge to me and I don't trust many people. If I can't trust you, I can't let you be such a huge part of my life like that.

• Yes definitely. I mean people are in love with partners who abuse them or cheat on them too.

• Yes, but then it's not a healthy thing and you should probably get out of it.

• You can love someone who you aren't with that you don't trust, but You can't be in love and in a relationship with no trust. Trust is the foundation of relationships. I couldn't be with someone feeling constantly worried and wondering about things... that isn't happiness. That's like punishing yourself. If you can't trust someone, don't be with them. Find someone who you love and trust and loves and trusts you!

• I don't trust my kids a bit but I love them to pieces

• 6d

lmao that's a good point but I think it's different with kids :p

What Guys Said 14

• No. Part of love is trust and relying on someone else. If you love someone you value every part of them even their flaws, but people who can't be trusted usual ly aren't loved if they are good looking its probably just lust.

• All I can do is answer for myself. Trust is necessary if you want a good successful relationship. If you don't trust the person, you should not get involved.

• Yeah, if you love them then they take your trust away and never bothered to earn it back. Learnt from experience

• 7d

Why? It may be just a misunderstanding.

• no you can't love without trust.
    but you sure as hell can lust without trust

• Love without trust isn't love!

• No i can't love to begin with but if I can't trust you I don't see or feel a need to keep you around unless your benefiting me in some way

• Of course not. If I don't trust them even just plain lust dies an early death. Can't trust them = too risky to even just fuck them.

• I couldn't see that being true for me, no.

• No, you can be needy.

• No. .

• no you can have sex with no strings attached but relationshipwise no

• Maybe, but trust is needed for a successful relationship

• Sadly, yes you can.

• yep i love my mother but she is a spiteful *itch