Good place for a girl and guy to hang out as friends without it being awkward and date-like?

So I like this guy, but we never get to hang out one-on-one. It's always in a public place with a bunch of people around! :(So I figured, before I have any chance of being with him, I've gotta be his friend first, right? We're already good friends, but I want to become like, close, close, close maybe best friends? I can't do that though if we never hang out alone together. :( I wanna ask him to do something, but I don't know what to do without it seeming date-y, awkward, or like I'm trying too hard. He's a guitarist and a screamo singer in a band, he's funny and sweet. Any ideas? Guys and girls! (:

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• You are going about this all wrong. Guys like directness in a girl, they like you to flirt. I don't think its very helpful to be friends with a guy first. In fact it actually hurts you, because you train the guy not to think of you as a sexual being. Just flirt with him. You should be able to flirt with him using eye contact, body language and touching. You can convey sexual energy simply enough, if he likes you he will flirt back. Simple. You don't need to set up a "date that doesn't look like a date so the date part is secret." You are way over thinking this. If you do ask him out, just ask him out, don't hide that date-ness.

• Thank you. I think I will give you best answer.... NOW! (: LolReading your answer, it's all really, really, really obvious. Gah, I do over-think things :/ But I'll definitely take your advice!! Thanks so much!But just for reference, if a girl could flirt with you in ANY way, what would you want her to do?

• Well I admire a girl who makes the first move. You could make eye contact with him during a conversation and touch your hand to his hand or leg, gently. Run your fingers across him for a few seconds and then remove them. Smile. Do it confidently but softly, while talking. create a sexual vibe. You can also touch the back of his neck. Ask him what he likes in a girl, get him talking about it....that's just some of my personal likes, it will all depend on what kind of guy he is.

What Guys Said 2

• I think places that would be a great place to meet up would be somewhere like the park, bowling alley, ice cream parlor, sweet shop, gift shop, coffee bar - even amusement arcades or toy store. If you got a bit of cash or time (and he likes music), maybe places like a concert, a restaurant/diner, a baseball game, performance show, the beach, aquarium, petshop or bookshop.If you have the same close friends a barbeque, birthday party or hamper picnic would be a good point also. As would doing sports ie. badminton, swimming, tennis, pool, squash etc. It depends really what you wanna do.The most fun I think for couples is the fun fair or circus. Because most of them also have the big wheel, they can be really great places that don't seem datey to get to know your partner. :)

• "before I have any chance of being with him, I've gotta be his friend first, right"Right. The ability to be friends prevents you two from tearing each other apart when you are outside the bedroom, which is where you will be spending most of your time.Don't worry about physical attraction. That is the easy part. It usually is very direct. If you find someone physically attractive, you can say on the spot, "oh, handsome guy", right? That bit won't change in a few months. So, be direct, no games. If he likes you (both as a friend and as a girlfriend), he would say yes. Trust your gut feelings about him too if you two get to go out alone.

What Girls Said 2

• oh, wait. play a game. like, rock band, or something. :P.

• OOO! That's a good idea! (:... oh wait, my sister broke my Rock Band. :/ SHOOT! THAT WAS PERFECT TOO! :'(

• at your house? or go play a sport together. :). like, soccer.