• Ask
  • myTake

Best decade to grow up in?

Just thought I would see what everyone thinks the best decade was to grow up in (doesn't necessarily have to be the one you grew up in). Why did you... Show More

This question has a poll!

Most Helpful Opinion

• I grew up in the 90s but I think I'd have to say the 80s. I don't know, I think part of it goes to I'd have liked to have experienced more of the 80s. 90s are definitely a close second, I'm pretty happy with the 90s. Third would be probably the 60s, growing up during the Mercury, Gemini, and Apollo era. (American space exploration). 4th would be the 70s, not quite as big into them. I don't particularly like the 00s as far as growing up is concerned, it really has the least childhood innocence but it would be 5th. I rank the 50s and 30s together next in that they do have the "simpler times" charm to them, but there were other problems associated with them. I can't really say much about the 20s as far as growing up goes as I don't see much differences between them. What I will say is being my age in the 20s would've been good, given the happy go lucky care free nature of them. 10s and 40s are ranked together in dead last due to the wars. You're growing up with people close to you away at war not knowing if they're coming home. Ya not great. 1900s and before, can't say, my history's not good enough.General pointsNot a fan of the Red ScareTV is important, serves as a milestone for convenience technologyGrowing up while the personal computer was still growing up would've been coolVideo games were best between 1988 and 1998Music decades: 1980, 1990, 1970, 2000, 1960 (yes it had the beetles, that's all it had).

What Guys Said 4

What Girls Said 5

• 90s, but I'm pretty biased cause that's when I grew up.

• i was born in 1989 and growing up in the 90's was pretty good but I would have liked to anve been able to experience more of the 80's. I think kids who are growing up in the 00's don't really have a childhood, they're basically just smaller versions of adults. eg. clothing/sex etc.

• Well I really like music and I would say that the 90's had the best music. Especailly when grunge came out. Bands like Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Sound Garden, and others. I just wish I was born earlier so I could have been old enough to know what was going on when all that was happening.

• 90s. Because it was awesome.

• Absolutely!

• Hell yes! I was born in 1986, and growing up in the 90s was sweet. I obviously don't know anything about before then, but I think we had it even better than kids now.

• YES! I completely agree.