Help! am I not attracted to my own race?

I think the looks (and culture) of men and women of my own race not very attractive. it's almost kinda funny, guys of my own race can do many things but it won't turn me on in the slightest, but just seeing guys of this one race makes me so excited!does anyone feel the same way? why is that? and does it ever pass? :((sorry for calling it "race", it's not meant in an offensive way!. just couldn't find a better word)

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• I wouldn't neccessarily say I feel the same way, like there is a race I am mostly drawn to but at the same time it would be ignorent of me to say I am just attracted to them based on their race alone. I think there are attractive people in all races and if we get on, than its on! lol. The idea of culture, in regards to societies perspective towards it. It has been moulded into something that is thought to be race specific... anyone can be born into any culture so I don't think you can really relate cultures to races.

• kinda true. I don't like all of them but A LOT more than in my own race.and I'm pretty sure it's because of their looks and culture

• Show Older
    • As an example with myself, I am off Italian descent. The majority of my family have black hair and vary vastly in skin tones, everything from really light to really dark, a few generations back they all moved to brazil so now their culture and mine would be brazilian as shared with all brazilians who live there of all races

• hmm actually, no I think it's a culture thing. you just made me realize that, congrats! :) I don't care if their white or dark skinned, they just have to have that culture. but yea, darker is still better then white ha ha ;)

What Guys Said 5

• I find other races attractive, but I also find my race attractive as well. Different people find different things attractive. It's all about individual preference. It may or may not pass. I wouldn't say you're crazy, there are tons of questions like these asked on this site daily.

• "sorry for calling it "race", it's not meant in an offensive way!"You know how I know you're white? Because you asked a race question and then immediately started apologizing. Seems to be a trend of that on this site.Anyways, I don't feel the same way, I don't know why it is that you hate men of your race and love men of another one, and it may or may not pass. Sorry, but since I'm unable to read your mind that's the best way I could answer your questions.

• lol yes I thought that!

• Show Older
    • oh and I'd put the spanish in the category of hispanic. calling them white sounds kinda weird to me. but yeah you don't have to agree with me lol

• oops sorry wrong answer

• Your just going through a faze, there will a guy of your own race that you will be into sometime. it's not a big deal. Message me what race it is because my curiosity is getting the best of me. I won't care if its what I am lol.

• *sighs* I'm glad you said that. I already thought I'm crazy :S

• What's the problem here? Just date guys you're attracted to and like!

• the problem is there's hardly any guys of that ethnicity around here. so I might meet a guy like once a year in a touristic city or abroad :-/ and in th meantime I have to say no to guys of my ethnicity,while all my friends have bfs. it sucks

• Show Older
    • yup that's exactly the problem! I can't move. I have to finish school here. and have to move a looooong way :(

• Why, what race is it that you like?

• What race are you?

What Girls Said 2

• You are crazy for liking other human beings. LoL

• haha:P i only like them! not my own men. kinda sad, huh? :P

• In all seriousness, we are of different complexions and of course hair textures, eye colours and so forth but we all belong to the same race which is the human race.

• nothing wrong with it. you're attracted to who you're attracted to.