• Ask
  • myTake

I dropped my phone in water. Screen won't work. Hope?

I dropped my phone in some water. I let it dry for bout 24 hours but now the screen will not respond to touch at all. Is there any hope?

It works. Like I already used it to call some people but the touch screen has now stopped working completely so I can't' even unlock the phone. Any hope for that?
I'm gonna give it an alcohol bath since it was dropped in p*ss and then just wait a few days. Parents are sending my old phone.
My phone is alive and well these days. It has made a full recovery. Thanks for your concern

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• For future reference, take out the battery immediately once you discover that the phone dropped in water (do iPhones even let you do that? idk).Let it dry for at least 3 days. Take it apart as much as possible and keep it in a dry, warm environment.From the sound of things, your current phone is done. The circuits already fried.

• But I have already made a few phone calls on it. It's just the screen.

• Then the screen is fried. It won't magically fix especially when you ignore advice and keep trying to use the dam thing.

• I don't! I haven't used it since I asked this question..

What Guys Said 4

• what snackg said. It works. But I think only if you do it right away. I tried it to see if it worked lmfao

• Stick it in a bag of rice.

• Alcohol bath?

• Show Older
    • well that's what it says to do

• lol

• Was it toilet water?

• haha yeah you know who this is :P

• You need a new phone. Water is DEATH to cell phones, unfortunately

What Girls Said 3

• I like to think I am an expert in this area as I have gone through 12 phones or something. Instances involving washing machines and cupa soups so... try blowdrying it (worked once for me) but generally I think it might be dead D:

• What is the mortality rate of wet cell phones, doctor?

• extremely high I'm afraid :(

• Sometimes you have to let the water dry for a about a week or so but a cell phone (I am assuming) is hard to not use for a week in todays society. If you have an old phone use that temporarily and then go back to the old one after leaving it alone. If that doesn't work, then you might have to get a new phone.

• My brothers Ipod fell 6ft in the pool.. it took us less then 1 min to dive down and get it...we gave it cpr(let it dry for a couple of days) it was defiantly a lost soul lol. But he dropped his other one in a puddle and it came back to life...touch screen and all...i guess it depends on how long its in water...and how much water it was in...I hope you have Insurance. My Condolences (yeah that is spelt wrong)Tami

• i didn't even know cell phone insurance existed