You boyfriend/girlfriend has dated interracially in the past-do you have a problem with it?

You find out that your girlfriend or boyfriend has dated interracially in the past, meaning they've dated someone of a different race. Do you have a problem with it or are you accepting of it or is it whatever? Would your opinion of them change?

• Yes I would have a problem with it
  • No I would not have a problem with it
  • It depends or other-explain
Some users are asking why this matters and are saying this is a useless question.

Almost every question on this site is useless. I asked this to gain a different perspective and looking at the poll, there are obviously some people who are not OK with the above scenario. If this question is useless or has no meaning, why bother answering? This was just for my curiosity. Thanks for answering

Most Helpful Guy

• anyone who votes A is almost surely inbred...

What Guys Said 49

• umm wtf? I'm sorry but this is the most meaningless question ever. I would have a problem if they dated sheep or dogs...One would think that humans date humans right?

• so true that is exactly what I thought

• If it's meaningless then why did you bother reading?

• Best answer I've seen yet. And @QA I'm assuming he answered to make the point that it is a silly question and it shouldn't matter.. Unless they are dating sheep.. That is weird.. Lol

• Only a small-minded mutant would have a problem with such a thing.

• I'd be worried that if she had dated a lot of guys from a race with small penises, she'd be used to the easy quickies, and disappointed with how much foreplay she'd need to comfortably handle me.

Well, worried might be overstating it a bit ...

• If it is a white woman and they only dated guys of another race exclusively and then dated me (white guy) then it might make me think something was up. I would think she had low esteem for her race (most likely low self-esteem too), but now she wants to go back to her race after getting jaded from too many dudes from the other race.

If I date a girl of a different race and she has dated interracially before then it would make me feel more at ease knowing I'm not the only white guy she has been with and the relationship isn't some kind of experiment.

If it's any woman that just dates whatever guy she likes no matter what race they are then it wouldn't bother me.

• I'm not insecure/racist, so why would I care? Wouldn't change at all.

• Lololol. I know of people like that. I don't get it. I wouldn't care one bit.

• Non issue for me.

• I wouldn't have a problem with it, but it would matter.

I would basically see them as more enlightened and I would expect to get more out of the relationsihp as a result.

• I think some white guys might fear that you've been stretched out by some 'big black brothas' and won't be able to reach where they've been. Of course, having this belief would denote a lack of self confidence and understanding of human anatomy. If your guy has a problem with it you should dump the chump. If homegirl hating then she just a dumb bitch.

• lol... the whole silly "once you go black you never go back"nonsense?

• Personally, No.

I feel sorry for people who are racist, or bothered with people who can look past the color of someone's skin, or the label of someone's race and find true happiness.

• Who gives a sh*t?

• Then why did you answer?

• Thanks theydidntnameme

• theydidntnameme.. Trivial is exactly the word I've been searching for.. Nicely put.

• No I would not have a problem with it.

Certainly not !

• This thread looks like a trap for racists! I dare anyone to say they wouldn't date a person who had dated outside of their "race"(whatever that means). The poor little xenophobe would have to post anonymously.

ps just so everyone knows: totally NOT a racist!

• I guess my answer was overly flippant. For the record, I would be open to dating anyone and would not be at all bothered if a girl I was dating dated someone with different physical characteristics from mine (some people term this' race').

• I'm in an interracial relationship

• no I wouldn't have a problem. if they did date interracially, my opinion would change for the better.

• No, wouldn't care. Why?

• Of course that wouldn't be a problem. FFS.

• Completely accepting of it... shouldn't make any difference. In fact, they are probably more interesting because of it.

• Yes, ofcourse it would matter...if I was an uncultured hillbilly.

• Why would I care? O.o

• I AM dating interracially.. So that's a nope..

• It does matter. But not as much as people tend to believe. The real thing that matters is who her ex is. If her previous boyfriend was a rich hunk. That would make any guy feel a bit insecure.

• But that's the person, not the race..

• True race doesn't make a much of a difference. I mean I would be curious about it, but nothing else. Also, it matters who she dated not which race (at least to me).

• wouldnt care, but I will acknowledge that there sometimes is a stigma in our society when you see a white girl whos been with a few black guys.

but anyone who says that they would have a problem can no longer refer to Kim Kardashian as hot

• Frankly...the race that someone is dating doesn't matter.

So I voted "no".

However, to the QA, I'm curious; how do people react negatively to interracial dating, that you know of?

• I found out that for the whole year before we started dating, my boyfriend had joined an interracial dating site and interacted with many many black women and dated one for several months. He also had a long distance relationship online for months with a black woman that he called his soulmate and asked her to marry him. (I found their old conversation). We have been dating for 2 years. As a white woman... This really bothers me and I can't let go of it. I wouldn't care if he occasionally dated a black woman because race didn't matter... but because he went looking specifically for only black women on this site and liked soooo many of them, I feel like he has a preference for black women and I don't want to be someone's second preference. He says he loves me more than anyone he had ever known and he doesn't care about anyone else and wants to be with me for the rest of his life, but I still struggle with this.

• by the way... I'm a female. Hit male by mistake when joining and don't know how to change it.

• Wow I'm with you
      My girlfriend told me her admiration for one race, I also don't want to be second choice, do I marry her?

• I wouldn't care.

• hmm no not at all..whats the problem?

• I might think about it but I won't make a big deal about it. Your relationship is about you and your girlfriend/boyfriend and has nothing to do with their past relationships.

• A guy should be trying to take you as far from your past as possible. That way there's more room for your future. If a man is so stuck on your past, make him yours. Too insecure.

• I am not a racist, so no.

• More from Guys
    19

What Girls Said 42

• I experienced with a white guy before and once we ended he told me that he was embarressed to go out with me because of my race. A few weeks later, I found out he hooked up with a few girls of his own race..if bothered me a lot because of the way he told me when we originally broke up. We both made this decision to because I just wasn't committed anymore, and I was attracted to someone of my own race within the relationship. And I felt dishonest so I told him, he might of said this out of anger and his actions definitely showed..but it's over now. I honestly do not care, but I think you would have to experience an interracial relationship and a breakup with that to understand this question and where she's comming from.

• Nah, that kind of thing is pretty irrelevant to me.

• It would not even enter my mind. Why should it?

• Depends on their intentions.

I prefer white / Hispanic / Asian guys -

I've met a couple white guys who have black gf's because they actually care and love these women. Then I've met others who just want to have a sexual experience with other races, but give all their true affections to women of their own race.

It' works sometimes like that in other races too - guy just happened to be white in my example lol

Anyway - if the guy has dated openly, and not exclusively while flinging with other races , then I'd be more eased in his intentions.

If he prefers his own race and just wants another flavor to sample on the side - then I'd be bothered by it.

But who wouldn't be bothered being the side dish?

• No. I would not have a problem. In fact, I can't even see it as something that needs to be mentioned.

Seriously people - who cares?

Skin color is as important as hair color.. ie, it's not.

And talking about different cultures makes no difference either. People who grew up in London differ from those who grew up in the countryside.. And they're the same race.

The only thing I'd have a problem with, is people that have a problem with this. If I found out that any of my friends were that racist I honestly think I'd have issues ever looking at them in the same light.

• It wouldn't be a problem at all. It wouldn't even register to me.

• lol...I would respond with cool and ask about the cultural difference they experienced with that partner. I see no problem with it...I don't really plan out who to date whomever comes along that I become interested in I date no matter past interracial relationships. I accept that person for who they are...now if you asked me how I would feel if my boyfriend dated someone with AIDS or an STD in the past I just might have to say goodbye. Safety First! ha.

• I would prefer a boyfriend who hasn't but I would overlook it if it was just for sex or he didn't really care about her. Also if the majority of girls he dated were his race I'd overlook it. But not someone who has dated outside their race repeatedly unless he's mixed himself.

• Why? I'm simply curious.

• Yeah the stereotyping is not cute. Just sayin'.

• Most men will deal with women just for sex. Not every guy in a relationship has tremendous feelings for the girl he's with, sometimes it's a relationship of convenience and other times he just wants a steady supply of ass

I don't like the stereotyping either but most of the black men who date out DO have messed up things to say about black women as a whole. I have heard this come out of their mouths. And ask nonblack women who date them what they say about sistas. it's often nothing nice.

• the thought wouldn't even cross my mind.

• Not at all! Its irrelevant to me. I've dated interracially myself :) love and attraction is color blind to me

• Umm no. Because I only date interracially. I've been with a black guy, an el salvadoran, a Mexican, ...

• which had the biggest dong lol

• No, that comment was meant towards Hazel63

• no really?

I was joking both times at yours and hers size racial profiling. It depends on the person.

• It was only until when I began visiting this site that I realized people actually care about 'race' when they date. This is not present in the place I live and if someone would say they did not want to date someone because of their race they would be shunned and pretty much hated by everyone. Preferences is a whole other thing like liking blondes or dark eyes, but refusing to date a decent nice person because of their race is ridiculous in my view. :)

• It would be great!

It means that he's an open-minded person. I see no problem. :)

• I would never even think of it as a problem. Race really doesn't make a difference to me.

• A. Most definitely A. I will never knowingly date a white girl that had dated outside her race in the past. I believe one must be loyal to your race, at least sexually. I will also immediately dump a girl I'm in a relationship with if I find out that she has done this. I will make a point to find this out before I get too invested in her. Luckily I don't live in the USA. Here where I live white girls are still conservative and have their heads screwed on firmly. Also no self-righteous people here that will call me backwards for simply not buying into this new age, hip-hop, color-blindness propaganda. Sure, everyone can have equal rights, but date your own race, thank you very much. I won't try to stop you from dating outside your race if you really want to; I'll simply lose sexual interest in you and it is my right to dump you for it.

I have to laugh at all the beta white males and liberal wussies insulting people who vote A. Have fun thinking you are better than others. If you liberals can only realize how intolerant and totalitarian you are. More power to you if you don't care about this issue, but don't insult or try to incriminate those who do.

• I'm a guy. I randomly clicked girl without thinking when signing up, and now I'm stuck with it :/

But my opinion would have been the same if I were a girl.

• No why would I be bothered?! Heck I'd date inter-racially! Don't give a sh*t myself :)

• No why would I care. Hell even he might be a different race than me.

• Hope I didn't make it seem like I thought your question was useless because it wasn't, they say no question is a stupid question.

• Lol, no.

• i don't have a problem with that at all.

• no that wouldn't bother me at all.

• I wouldn't mind at all. I would, however be concerned if they had dated a different species. ^^

• What you have said is very true

• It wouldn't matter what-so-ever; at all. It wouldn't change my opinion because it doesn't matter to me.

• I wouldn't care at all, plus it's in the past so that's yet another reason why I wouldn't care.

• it should not matter what race he/she dated in the past as long as he/she doesn't make it effect the presnt

• I wouldn't care. At all.

• No, I wouldn't mind. If he's dated women of VARIOUS races, that's even better! It shows me that he's not just into one particular race and that he's very open-minded.

• My boyfriend, who is white, told me that he has a lot of friends who won't date a person if they have been with a black person.

• Um, no, because I'm not racist.

• I don't understand why it would be a problem.

• No, why would I have a problem with that? Besides, it was in his past so who cares?

• More from Girls
    12