You boyfriend/girlfriend has dated interracially in the past-do you have a problem with it?

You find out that your girlfriend or boyfriend has dated interracially in the past, meaning they've dated someone of a different race. Do you have a problem with it or are you accepting of it or is it whatever? Would your opinion of them change?

This question has a poll!

• Yes I would have a problem with it Vote A
  • No I would not have a problem with it Vote B
  • It depends or other-explain Vote C
Some users are asking why this matters and are saying this is a useless question.
Almost every question on this site is useless. I asked this to gain a different perspective and looking at the poll, there are obviously some people who are not OK with the above scenario. If this question is useless or has no meaning, why bother answering? This was just for my curiosity. Thanks for answering

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• anyone who votes A is almost surely inbred...

What Guys Said 44

• Of course that wouldn't be a problem. FFS.

• I'd be worried that if she had dated a lot of guys from a race with small penises, she'd be used to the easy quickies, and disappointed with how much foreplay she'd need to comfortably handle me.Well, worried might be overstating it a bit ...

• ok now you're race profiling? heehee

• wow. slongs were the last thing I'd think someone would worry about :P

• No I would not have a problem with it.Certainly not !

• Only a small-minded mutant would have a problem with such a thing.

• Frankly...the race that someone is dating doesn't matter.So I voted "no".However, to the QA, I'm curious; how do people react negatively to interracial dating, that you know of?

• No, wouldn't care. Why?

• Non issue for me.

• Personally, a bit of dislike about it, but it's not make or break, nor would I make an issue of it.

• ..like this guy!

• Show Older
    • What about the people who are saying anyone who doesn't like interracial is a inbred, aren't you going to tell them to take their hate speech elsewhere?

• They weren't directing such negativity at my question. My intentions of this question were not to make individuals such as yourself get hated on. You chose to answer this unanonymously knowing you have an unpopular opinion

• If it is a white woman and they only dated guys of another race exclusively and then dated me (white guy) then it might make me think something was up. I would think she had low esteem for her race (most likely low self-esteem too), but now she wants to go back to her race after getting jaded from too many dudes from the other race. If I date a girl of a different race and she has dated interracially before then it would make me feel more at ease knowing I'm not the only white guy she has been with and the relationship isn't some kind of experiment. If it's any woman that just dates whatever guy she likes no matter what race they are then it wouldn't bother me.

• I'm not insecure/racist, so why would I care? Wouldn't change at all.

• wouldnt care, but I will acknowledge that there sometimes is a stigma in our society when you see a white girl whos been with a few black guys.but anyone who says that they would have a problem can no longer refer to Kim Kardashian as hot

• I'm in an interracial relationship

• Great

• It's always bad to talk in detail about any past dating partner to your signifiant other. PERIOD

• I wouldn't have a problem with it, but it would matter.I would basically see them as more enlightened and I would expect to get more out of the relationsihp as a result.

• I wouldn't have a problem with it just because they're a different race. It just depends on the person one is dating.

• if I could, I would TOTALLY date a red-head. so no, I don't have a problem if my Girlfriend has dated interracially in the past.i <3 red-heads.

• I AM dating interracially.. So that's a nope..

• no I wouldn't have a problem. if they did date interracially, my opinion would change for the better.

• I wouldn't care.

• This thread looks like a trap for racists! I dare anyone to say they wouldn't date a person who had dated outside of their "race"(whatever that means). The poor little xenophobe would have to post anonymously.ps just so everyone knows: totally NOT a racist!

• I guess my answer was overly flippant. For the record, I would be open to dating anyone and would not be at all bothered if a girl I was dating dated someone with different physical characteristics from mine (some people term this' race').

• Lololol. I know of people like that. I don't get it. I wouldn't care one bit.

• hmm no not at all..whats the problem?

• umm wtf? I'm sorry but this is the most meaningless question ever. I would have a problem if they dated sheep or dogs...One would think that humans date humans right?

• so true that is exactly what I thought

• If it's meaningless then why did you bother reading?

• Best answer I've seen yet. And @QA I'm assuming he answered to make the point that it is a silly question and it shouldn't matter.. Unless they are dating sheep.. That is weird.. Lol

• Yes, ofcourse it would matter...if I was an uncultured hillbilly.

• ...

• Dotdotdot

• it's a hidden joke. The rest of it is somewhere on this page

• Who gives a sh*t?

• Then why did you answer?

• Show Older
    • Thanks theydidntnameme

• theydidntnameme.. Trivial is exactly the word I've been searching for.. Nicely put.

• Personally, No.I feel sorry for people who are racist, or bothered with people who can look past the color of someone's skin, or the label of someone's race and find true happiness.

• No I don't mind at all.

• Completely accepting of it... shouldn't make any difference. In fact, they are probably more interesting because of it.

• I might think about it but I won't make a big deal about it. Your relationship is about you and your girlfriend/boyfriend and has nothing to do with their past relationships.

• It does matter. But not as much as people tend to believe. The real thing that matters is who her ex is. If her previous boyfriend was a rich hunk. That would make any guy feel a bit insecure.

• But that's the person, not the race..

• True race doesn't make a much of a difference. I mean I would be curious about it, but nothing else. Also, it matters who she dated not which race (at least to me).

• Show More

What Girls Said 41

• i don't have a problem with that at all.

• I would prefer a boyfriend who hasn't but I would overlook it if it was just for sex or he didn't really care about her. Also if the majority of girls he dated were his race I'd overlook it. But not someone who has dated outside their race repeatedly unless he's mixed himself.

• Why? I'm simply curious.

• Show Older
    • Yeah the stereotyping is not cute. Just sayin'.

• Most men will deal with women just for sex. Not every guy in a relationship has tremendous feelings for the girl he's with, sometimes it's a relationship of convenience and other times he just wants a steady supply of assI don't like the stereotyping either but most of the black men who date out DO have messed up things to say about black women as a whole. I have heard this come out of their mouths. And ask nonblack women who date them what they say about sistas. it's often nothing nice.

• It wouldn't be a problem at all. It wouldn't even register to me.

• Nah, that kind of thing is pretty irrelevant to me.

• the thought wouldn't even cross my mind.

• It would not even enter my mind. Why should it?

• Umm no. Because I only date interracially. I've been with a black guy, an el salvadoran, a Mexican, ...

• which had the biggest dong lol

• Show Older
    • No, that comment was meant towards Hazel63

• no really?I was joking both times at yours and hers size racial profiling. It depends on the person.

• Lol, no.

• It would be great! It means that he's an open-minded person. I see no problem. :)

• No why would I care. Hell even he might be a different race than me.

• Hope I didn't make it seem like I thought your question was useless because it wasn't, they say no question is a stupid question.

• no that wouldn't bother me at all.

• I wouldn't care at all, plus it's in the past so that's yet another reason why I wouldn't care.

• I wouldn't care. At all.

• I would never even think of it as a problem. Race really doesn't make a difference to me.

• No, I wouldn't mind. If he's dated women of VARIOUS races, that's even better! It shows me that he's not just into one particular race and that he's very open-minded.

• No, why would I have a problem with that? Besides, it was in his past so who cares?

• No. It wouldn't even make sense in my case because I prefer to date white men.

• I don't understand why it would be a problem.

• Not at all! Its irrelevant to me. I've dated interracially myself :) love and attraction is color blind to me

• No. I would not have a problem. In fact, I can't even see it as something that needs to be mentioned.Seriously people - who cares? Skin color is as important as hair color.. ie, it's not.And talking about different cultures makes no difference either. People who grew up in London differ from those who grew up in the countryside.. And they're the same race.The only thing I'd have a problem with, is people that have a problem with this. If I found out that any of my friends were that racist I honestly think I'd have issues ever looking at them in the same light.

• No why would I be bothered?! Heck I'd date inter-racially! Don't give a sh*t myself :)

• My boyfriend, who is white, told me that he has a lot of friends who won't date a person if they have been with a black person.

• It doesn't really change anything I don't think anything of it.

• I wouldn't mind at all. I would, however be concerned if they had dated a different species. ^^

• What you have said is very true

• no, who cares about who they dated before they met you?

• lol...I would respond with cool and ask about the cultural difference they experienced with that partner. I see no problem with it...I don't really plan out who to date whomever comes along that I become interested in I date no matter past interracial relationships. I accept that person for who they are...now if you asked me how I would feel if my boyfriend dated someone with AIDS or an STD in the past I just might have to say goodbye. Safety First! ha.

• I experienced with a white guy before and once we ended he told me that he was embarressed to go out with me because of my race. A few weeks later, I found out he hooked up with a few girls of his own race..if bothered me a lot because of the way he told me when we originally broke up. We both made this decision to because I just wasn't committed anymore, and I was attracted to someone of my own race within the relationship. And I felt dishonest so I told him, he might of said this out of anger and his actions definitely showed..but it's over now. I honestly do not care, but I think you would have to experience an interracial relationship and a breakup with that to understand this question and where she's comming from.

• 23d

Yes i would have a huge problem with it and would probably not be able to look past it but at least my boyfriend has never interracially dated.

• it should not matter what race he/she dated in the past as long as he/she doesn't make it effect the presnt

• no it would be completely fine with me its the past let it be that's how I look at things

• Show More