You boyfriend/girlfriend has dated interracially in the past-do you have a problem with it?

You find out that your girlfriend or boyfriend has dated interracially in the past, meaning they've dated someone of a different race. Do you have a problem with it or are you accepting of it or is it whatever? Would your opinion of them change?

This question has a poll!

• Vote A Yes I would have a problem with it
  • Vote B No I would not have a problem with it
  • Vote C It depends or other-explain
Some users are asking why this matters and are saying this is a useless question.

Almost every question on this site is useless. I asked this to gain a different perspective and looking at the poll, there are obviously some people who are not OK with the above scenario. If this question is useless or has no meaning, why bother answering? This was just for my curiosity. Thanks for answering

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 40

What Guys Said 45

• no, who cares about who they dated before they met you?

• My boyfriend, who is white, told me that he has a lot of friends who won't date a person if they have been with a black person.

• i personally would find it unattractive.. although by my terms of different race is mostly directed towards african Americans. I'm not racist I do have friends of color. but they act differently its true. and I don't find it attractive and don't find people who think its attractive, attractive

• Of course. All african Americans act the same.

• lol...I would respond with cool and ask about the cultural difference they experienced with that partner. I see no problem with it...I don't really plan out who to date whomever comes along that I become interested in I date no matter past interracial relationships. I accept that person for who they are...now if you asked me how I would feel if my boyfriend dated someone with AIDS or an STD in the past I just might have to say goodbye. Safety First! ha.

• why should that really matter? I am sure there are other past related things that are much much more important than who they dated and what race. but I understand some people are offended by such stuff for whatever reason.

• No. It wouldn't even make sense in my case because I prefer to date white men.

• No, I wouldn't mind. If he's dated women of VARIOUS races, that's even better! It shows me that he's not just into one particular race and that he's very open-minded.

• It doesn't really change anything I don't think anything of it.

• Nope I wouldn't mind, I ain't no racist and I believe all people should be treated equally. As for racists they shouldn't even exist.

• Not at all! Its irrelevant to me. I've dated interracially myself :) love and attraction is color blind to me

• it should not matter what race he/she dated in the past as long as he/she doesn't make it effect the presnt

• Does it really matter? I could really care less. The color of one's skin shouldn't matter.

• No. I would not have a problem. In fact, I can't even see it as something that needs to be mentioned.

Seriously people - who cares?

Skin color is as important as hair color.. ie, it's not.

And talking about different cultures makes no difference either. People who grew up in London differ from those who grew up in the countryside.. And they're the same race.

The only thing I'd have a problem with, is people that have a problem with this. If I found out that any of my friends were that racist I honestly think I'd have issues ever looking at them in the same light.

• I wouldn't care. At all.

• Depends on their intentions.

I prefer white / Hispanic / Asian guys -

I've met a couple white guys who have black gf's because they actually care and love these women. Then I've met others who just want to have a sexual experience with other races, but give all their true affections to women of their own race.

It' works sometimes like that in other races too - guy just happened to be white in my example lol

Anyway - if the guy has dated openly, and not exclusively while flinging with other races , then I'd be more eased in his intentions.

If he prefers his own race and just wants another flavor to sample on the side - then I'd be bothered by it.

But who wouldn't be bothered being the side dish?

• I wouldn't mind at all. I would, however be concerned if they had dated a different species. ^^

• What you have said is very true

• I experienced with a white guy before and once we ended he told me that he was embarressed to go out with me because of my race. A few weeks later, I found out he hooked up with a few girls of his own race..if bothered me a lot because of the way he told me when we originally broke up. We both made this decision to because I just wasn't committed anymore, and I was attracted to someone of my own race within the relationship. And I felt dishonest so I told him, he might of said this out of anger and his actions definitely showed..but it's over now. I honestly do not care, but I think you would have to experience an interracial relationship and a breakup with that to understand this question and where she's comming from.

• Umm no. Because I only date interracially. I've been with a black guy, an el salvadoran, a Mexican, ...

• no really?

I was joking both times at yours and hers size racial profiling. It depends on the person.

• No, that comment was meant towards Hazel63

• I know you are aware, it is a well known fact

• Show Older
  • It was only until when I began visiting this site that I realized people actually care about 'race' when they date. This is not present in the place I live and if someone would say they did not want to date someone because of their race they would be shunned and pretty much hated by everyone. Preferences is a whole other thing like liking blondes or dark eyes, but refusing to date a decent nice person because of their race is ridiculous in my view. :)

• It wouldn't matter what-so-ever; at all. It wouldn't change my opinion because it doesn't matter to me.

• Show More
  • Selected as most helpful

Yes, I would definitely care, and it would be a deal breaker. I am not ashamed to admit it. I believe in equal rights and opportunities for everyone, but I don't believe in racial mxing.

And to all those who claim that only hillbillies or small minded mutants feel this way, well, embrace your new age mumbo jumbo if you like; I know that I won't be able to change your minds. Just know this: no one is going to give you a medal for being a white person that dates other races in order to be politically correct. If you really want to, then fine, but don't pretend like the sun is somehow shining out your backside because you do, and that other white people who don't want to, are somehow inferior creatures of the night. We are still allowed to have freedom of choice and freedom of expression in today's time, and that means that a white person should be able to be honest about his preferences in dating without being assaulted and harassed for being displeased with a girl's inter-racial dating track record. It does not even make him a racist, just culturally conscious and conservative.

He might view a white girl that has done this as being just a tad too liberal and indisciplined to have made such a bold move. In other words, they just won't be compatible. Whitenes and the features of white people - brown, red and blond hair, green and blue eyes, etc. are recessive and it might concern a man that the hite girl he is dating was at some point willing to not pass on those features. It is his right to like whiteness that much if he does. She will then be better off to be with a white man who doesn't care, but this does not make the other white guy a bad person. If it does, then why is someone who tries to conserve a certain threatened language from going extinct not considered as a hater of other languages?

Also keep in mind that us white people are not particularly blessed when it comes to penis size, with only small percentage having above 7" penises. So you might think you are this wonderful, open minded white guy, but when you make love to your white girl she is going to subconsciously compare you to the 12" African American lovers she had slept with in the past and oh boy, will you be coming up short in that department. Don't be surprised if that's the reason she leaves you. This is only logical and natural. They say size doesn't matter, but that's just women trying to be PC. In the back of their minds they will resent you for being inferior. Not that I have had personal experience with this matter (: it's just pure common sense.

• Yep.

Instant break up.

• I don't see a problem with it. My parents were an interracial couple as well.

• I AM dating interracially.. So that's a nope..

• if I could, I would TOTALLY date a red-head. so no, I don't have a problem if my Girlfriend has dated interracially in the past.

i <3 red-heads.

• I could care less personally.

• I'm in an interracial relationship

• Great

• Yes, ofcourse it would matter...if I was an uncultured hillbilly.

• it's a hidden joke. The rest of it is somewhere on this page

• Dotdotdot

• ...

• I might think about it but I won't make a big deal about it. Your relationship is about you and your girlfriend/boyfriend and has nothing to do with their past relationships.

• Personally, a bit of dislike about it, but it's not make or break, nor would I make an issue of it.

• They weren't directing such negativity at my question. My intentions of this question were not to make individuals such as yourself get hated on. You chose to answer this unanonymously knowing you have an unpopular opinion

• What about the people who are saying anyone who doesn't like interracial is a inbred, aren't you going to tell them to take their hate speech elsewhere?

• You can take your negativity elsewhere because I didn't say anything! And I have never seen an article in a black magazine about how bad ir dating is. Maybe that's how YOU feel so speak for yourself

• Show Older
  • Well, where I live it seems like most of the white girls that do date interracially go with thuggish types of guys. If that's the case, no I would not date her. That would be the same if she was dating a similar type of white guy too, though. If she was dating someone a little more similar to me and he happened to be of another race, I'd be fine with it.

• It's always bad to talk in detail about any past dating partner to your signifiant other. PERIOD

• No I don't mind at all.

• Frankly...the race that someone is dating doesn't matter.

So I voted "no".

However, to the QA, I'm curious; how do people react negatively to interracial dating, that you know of?

• I'd have a problem if they kept talking to the other guy, or if they kept trying to compare me to them, only wanted to use me to make the guy jealous, etc.

• I'd get the hell out of the relationship if I found out she'd been dating outside her race. But I date classy women, so I don't have to worry about that.

• When did I say anything about "Aryan superiority" or Nazi Germany?

If you want to go there then you should realize that what Nazi Germany accomplished in terms of science, heck in every aspect of life, far outweighs anything your mongrel bretheren will EVER produce or offer the world.

• Hmm sounds oddly familar. The belief of Aryan superiority LOL. Wake up man this is not WW2 Nazi germany. How can you still believe this garbage so vehemently.

• A classy woman would know that her offspring(s) would be better off if she stuck to her race, in many different ways. But that's not the only reason to stick to your own race, I'm not gonna go into all of them because a bit of truth will leave a lot of you in tears.

• Show Older
  • I wouldn't care.

• I wouldn't have a problem with it just because they're a different race. It just depends on the person one is dating.

• It does matter. But not as much as people tend to believe. The real thing that matters is who her ex is. If her previous boyfriend was a rich hunk. That would make any guy feel a bit insecure.

• True race doesn't make a much of a difference. I mean I would be curious about it, but nothing else. Also, it matters who she dated not which race (at least to me).

• But that's the person, not the race..

• I wouldn't have a problem with it, but it would matter.

I would basically see them as more enlightened and I would expect to get more out of the relationsihp as a result.

• Completely accepting of it... shouldn't make any difference. In fact, they are probably more interesting because of it.

• Show More