Why do black people tend to have big lips and white people seem to have small lips?

I've always wondered why that seems to be the way it is. I'm just curious is all.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because its natural looool it's like asking why the skyis blue and the grass is green.

• touche lol

It's actually because of your ancestors and where they lived. Due to most African Americans living in hot climates, their lips are larger. The large lips allow a way for your body to release unwanted heat. Since Caucasians typically lived in colder climates their lips are smaller so their body could keep as much heat as possible.

Hope this helps

What Girls Said 8

• My lips are almost too big for my face, and I'm as white as it gets, lol.

• Lol I've seen big and small in both races. perfect ex: Angelina Jolie !

• it seems pretty unusual to see big lips on a white person though

• That's just like asking how come black people tend to be dark and white people tend to be pale.

Their genetic makeup causes their lips to usually be kind of full.

• genetics? I feel like big lips are fun to bite ><

• Because no offence but white people like it that way and sometimes it's better to have a small lip.

• im black and my boyfriend is white and his lips are bigger than mine, my mothers and sisters

• I'm latina and my lips are very thick!

• Because big lips are sexy.

What Guys Said 0