How do I completely erase my hard drive and restart my computer to factory settings?

I have a windows vista and want to give it away but also want to take the hard drive as spare memory. It is full and I do not know how to completely erase all data from it. does anyone know how to do this and then how to restart it again

thanks!

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Do what I do, turn off the computer and then turn it back on and while its loading press CTRL +F11 at the same time..there will be a screen and itll ask you a ques...I forget now, did it so many times I should know by now..but just press ctrl+F11 and it should help you get it back to factory settings.

Good luck!

• no this will erase the hard drive completely and you will have NO memory.

• this will completely erase the hard drive so I have all the memory?

What Girls Said 1

• use the CD that came with your computer when you first purposed it.

What Guys Said 1

• Easiest way is to restore from your backup witch you should have made when you first got the computer.

If you don't have on, google "hard drive formatting", but you need to have a windows installation CD to install the operation system back. If you don't have one, ask from your friends.