Can you actually win big cash on scratch tickets?

I feel like they are a scam; sometimes you win like whatever you spent to get the ticket ( break even,) maybe even like 50 bucks - but I've never heard of anyone winning like the grand 30,000 prize or something like that off of one of em?

Can you and how frequently do you think it happens?

Thanks guys, imma jus keep scratchin em because it's fun lol - did you know they are bringing out a new scratch ticket with the grand prize being that you win 100K for the rest of your life each year? Odd how our economy can be sucking yet they have thousands to give away for fun :P well...not that anyone who wins is complaining ha ha

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• absolutely! the small convenience store a couple blocks from home has sold 3 scratch tickets worth $1000., $7777. and $10000...so far in 2012...As one respondent said if you read the back of the ticket it will give you a lot of info including odds of each prize and how many prizes are to be awarded, in FL, and I would suspect most if not all other states with lottery, the Lottery website will also give you the stats on how many of the prizes have already been claimed for each game...So when I feel like buying a couple tickets I go on the website and check to see what games still have the highest number of large cash prizes...hope this helps! and like they say ..play responsibly

What Guys Said 3

• Not often and you can also get hit by a slow moving bus

• Absolutely-I have been at stores where people won 200k or blah blah but it will never be me

• Better chance getting hit by the bus huh...

• Never heard of winners, but I'm sure there are, otherwise no one would buy any. Odds are though that the average person won't win anything.

• You can definitely win big money on scratch tickets, but the odds are against you. If you read the back of the ticket, it will tell you how many top prizes there are, and the odds I winning it. Good luck!

• oh whoa, didn't know there was a set amount of prizes? I wonder if scratching them and then just saving up the one's you win on is a good idea? Like lets say you break even more than you win over - if you save em, that's just free money

What Girls Said 5

• My mom won a grand, that's the most I've heard anyone win other than in the newspapers. I've read where some people have won a million from them.

• My mother plays them often..the highest she won was 400 dollars on a 3 dollar ticket. She usually gets 5-20 bucks from them.

• A guy I work with won $10.000 on a $10.00 scratch ticket.

• really? cool guess it's possible. Barely possible lol :P

• Play the dailies (Pick 6)...

...i find it a waste of money, lol, the most it has ever given me was $10.

• i think they are scams. most I even won was $1 and a new ticket. I'm sure it rarely happens