• Ask
  • myTake

How to not be boring?

My biggest fear at this moment is being boring. If I ask a girl out I have to entertain her right? I have to lead the conversations and the events of the date to make it interesting. How do I do that in a non boring way?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• No you don't have to entertain her, that's the first mistake guys make. But yes you should lead the interaction and do something fun together. If your problem is conversation, then you should find some fun date ideas. You don't have to have some deep spiritual conversation on the first date. This one girl I know, I took her out at night and we playd that game where you knock on peoples door and hide. we barely had 20 minutes of conversation the whole night. The next day, she was the one phoning me to get together again! So the first thing is to find a date that entertains both of you.Then when it comes to convo, to be interesting, you have to have interrests, but I would also say you have to be INTERESTED.So many times a girl says a guy was interesting, when the girl did 80% of the talking. Why?You may think you are listening to them and holding on a good conversation but odds are you really aren't processing what the person is saying. It is so rare that people do this that when you actually do it, it makes a difference and people can tell. 99% of the time we are thinking about what WE are going to say!One of the biggest things I've learned that has led to my success socially is that people love talking about things they are passionate about or have a view on. After enough practice actively listening you will be able to easily identify topics that you should cherry-pick and will be able to easily thread conversations. From then on, YOU'RE IN! Here's the simple formula:You need to pickup on keywords. Girl says "I went to the beach with my dog" Keywords BEACH, DOG. Now you have to think, what more can I find out OR how can I relate to those. YOu can ask her more about those, or you can talk about how they relate to you.I would also recommend checking this book out to learn more: link

• THIS, So many guys don't listen! BA

• Yeah I agree. Any tips on feeling more valuable? I don't think talking is my problem.

What Girls Said 5

• You don't have to entertain her, but talk about her if you don't know what to talk about. Ask questions, follow up questions, etc. She will, if she is polite, ask questions about you. This is your time to shine! Talk about what you're doing, why you're excited or not excited, etc. Fake it till ya make it

• Just be yourself, laugh, be happy, make her laugh becasue everyone loves that. Also, take her on fun dates like lazertag, picnics, not just the good old movie and a dinner.

• be yourself

• I am myself. You be YOURSELF.

• what does that mean I was answering your question

• be hystericle make her laugh and if you feel it gets boring distract her and change the subject take her somewhere full of life! dinner will make you work more to be entertaining and movies you'll have to make the right move at the right time (those places are for dates later on) so a carnival will be very good or a fair. :) I love cotton candy ...(sorry random)

• Don't think about being boring. Focus on something else. IS there anything that you are passionate about?Go to the library and read some books about a topic that you like, history, music...something. If you like sports talk about sports. If you like photography talk about that. Also try to get the woman to talk about herself...that way you don't have to carry the whole conversation. Go to an amusement park. Go to an arcade. Go to someplace where there are games.

What Guys Said 3

• well, being yourself is key later on, at first, being calm, funny, charming, respectful, give her hidden compliments later on, then be yourself. Finding mutual ground is essential to rid you of your fear, Relax, not the end of the world.

• The way to be interesting is to have lots of interests.

• 1, use humor2. tease 3. don't be afraid to disagree every now and then4. don't be afraid to change the topic when it becomes stale