PUERTO RICO 51st State?

Puerto Rico voters approve on referendum on statehood. Should Should Puerto Rico become a State? I must say as a natural born Puerto Rican I've... Show More

Btw, I must add, I'm really excited about this! I think this time most Puerto Rican's will vote for YES! If you're Puerto Rican and disagree please share your opinion and why you thing Puerto Rico should NOT become a State.

Most Helpful Opinion

• PR has had many opportunities to become a state, but they've always voted against it due to the tax issue. Obviously, if they become a state, they will start paying federal taxes.

I'm fine with whatever they decide to do. It's just important to know that it's been PR's choice all along. Many Puerto Ricans believe (or pretend to believe) that the US has denied them statehood in some way, but that's not the case. The only people who really think that are those who think PR should be allowed to become a state without having to pay taxes like a state, and it just doesn't work that way.

• Clap, clap, clap! You hit it right on the spot. I agree agree! It saddens me that many of my fellow Puerto Ricans think this way.