• Ask
  • myTake

Have you ever cut? how much? why? I'm interested to hear stories

I know a lot of people who cut due to personal problems and they all want to come over their bad habit of cutting. I'm curious to know others stories. xx

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Cutting releases endorphin's and gives people an adrenaline rush and false sense of euphoria. Unfortunately it is short lived and can become an addiction (much like drugs). The best way to overcome it is to find the true reason why you are cutting and deal with it head on. Find other methods for gaining the euphoria. (Exercise for example). But truly a person has to learn to deal with their inner demons. I used to cut myself when I was a freshman in college. I suffered from depression and anxiety most of my life, and it seemed like the only thing that would make me feel better. Then I got smarter and learned how to cope with things in a better way by taking care of myself vs. harming myself. It took a lot of years. I don't like the physical scars it left, but I use them as a reminder of where I was then compared to where I am now. So I can't honestly say I don't regret it, but I would never advise someone to do it.

• thank you for sharing your story with me. I really appreciate it xx

What Guys Said 1

• Yes. To relieve the pain anger and frustration of being a 25 year old hopeless virgin.

What Girls Said 3

• I haven't, But I had a friend who did. She cut because people picked on her for her weight. She actually carved "FATTY" into her arm in 6th or 7th grade. I'd advise not doing that. She's much happier now (college freshman) but still has the scars...

• thank you for sharing your story, I appreciate it!

• When I was about 13-15 I did it. I was deppressed but didn't know why. I don't know why I cut myself, but it sort of felt like I had some control maybe. Now that I'm no-longer depressed, I can't understand the ways that I thought back then as now they no longer make sense. It took a few years, but I can finally go without long sleeves now. You can notice them if you look. Only a couple of friends have mentioned them, so I just say I had a crazy cat once lol.People who found out thought I was attention seeking, but now when I look back at my diaries, I realize that there really was something wrong with me. Every day I cried myself to sleep, I always had headaches, I wanted to kill myself that I wouldn't have problems ever again etc. I think it was because I have mild dyslexia and ADD. Because they were mild, I didn't tell anyone about it. I was a bit dreamy and got lots of things mixed up, which people thought was weird. They gave me weird looks and insulted me a lot. I think this is what made me deppressed. I'm having cognitive therapy now because it has affected my self esteem.I wish I could sue everyone who has ever bullied me from age 7-18.

• Nope never.. I've wanted to a few times (when I was extremely down and feeling really alone almost to test the waters and see who would care and would be there for me and who wouldn't.. Cause I couldn't think of any other way then to cut that would get the point across and no one listened when I tried to talk about it with loved ones.. just laughed at me and made me feel dumb for the way I felt) but I never actually did it just thought about it.. In the end always seemed so pointless to hurt myself and had to much pride I guess... Its sad how people give others that cut a hard time about it when all they want is help and have no other way to ask for it... I know friends who have cut.. a lot of them actually... and my current boyfriend has scars from doing it.. all and all I see it as a cry for help (not meant in a bad way towards them but more as a bad thing to those who ignore it when they know someone doing it)