• Ask
  • myTake

Why is my ex boyfriend sending me mean texts that accuse me of things I never did?

My boyfriend and I broke up a week ago. He constantly had a is of reasons as to why we could not hang out on weekends along with a myriad of other... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• Some people need to justify their stupid behavior, and lying is just fine if that works as a justification for dumping you. He knows what he said is nonsense, so don't waste time arguing with him. Don't respond at all!

• Thank you! I guess I just hurt his ego and he has to react with anger and lies. It feels like he is trying to "smoke me out of my whole" and get me to respond. I think I will find something else to do with my time :)

• Good plan! Best answer, no?

What Guys Said 3

• It might be exactly what he didn't want. Maybe he got accustomed to you trying to please him and it gave him some sort of satisfaction to know he was in almost absolute control. The moment you were done with him, it knocked him off that comfy situation and right back on his arse to the ground. Hell if he is really bad, he might have seen you as some sort of slave to him and as you "rose up to oppose your master" so to speak, you need to be punished and that results in him being mean. He probably knows however that he will not gain that position again so he is taking what little sadistic fun he can by trying to torment you or he might think that trying to put you down will make you submit to his whims again. Either way, the best way to act is by ignoring him and going about your life like normal. At least in my opinion.

• You dumped him, and it looked like he wanted to be the one who dumped you. So he lashed out.

• I can't seem to find any other explanation to this :)

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion and earn 1 extra Xper Point!