How many calories do I approx burn while running 6miles?

I'm a 19 year old female 5'7 and 120 pounds. Does anyone know how many calories I would approx burn if I run 6 miles in 50min?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 5

• There really isn't an accurate number that someone can give you because it depends on how fit you are and your genetics. Your level of fitness will determine your level of effort and the more you do endurance training(like running) the more your body adapts. One way is a lower heart rate when you're exercising at different intensities. Additional factors that make a difference are your amount of muscle mass and nutritional habits.

Get a HRM. I love mine!

• Selected as most helpful

Running, believe it or not, uses the body's energy in a different way. The leg muscles has tons of stored energy, your body burns that first, and then it starts using fat as energy. If you run too much, your body can bypass fat and use muscle instead as energy. This is why you shouldn't run for a very long time.

6 miles run? that is around 500-600 calories

6 miles run with a metabolic enhancer (green tea, coffee, orange juice) is about 1000 calories

• No lol, you are better off building more leg muscle than lose it. Muscle keeps your skin and fat tissues very tight. If you lose some leg muscles, you will get flabby legs, which is way worse than having bulky legs.

• And I actually wouldn't mind losing some muscle especially at my legs they are way to bulky...

• Yes drink it before running. And when you run you should feel the "rush" effects. If you drink green tea, you will feel "alive" making you run more and breath more= more calories burned.

• Show Older
  • depends on heart rate and fitness level. but 500-1000 is a good range.

• link

Check it out, and it'll let you know. But I don't think it'll factor in gradiants. So it'll assume flat ground.

• Like 750.

• Its hard for me to guess because I'm waaaay bigger then you. I'd be 800-1000. maybe you're 500-600?