Video contest with awardGaG Video Contest: Enter to win gift cards! Close

What do you think about men who shave their armpits?

i go to gym. some men don't have armpits hair. so I shave too. what do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• awesome just keep shaving

What Girls Said 73

• I rather a guy with shaved armpits...than a guy who looks like he is growing a forest under his arms.

I like a guy with shaved/trimmed armpits.

If the guy has hair under it (and it isn't wild) then that's fine too.

• If they're a competitive swimmer, then I see no issue with it.

• It's sort of a feminine act so unless it was for a specific sport, like swimming, I'd think it a bit odd. I like masculinity, men have hair, it's part of being a man, I'm OK with that.

• Kinda weird to me, not really a turn-on, nor turn-off. But I prefer men with body hair. But, they can do what they want! It's their body.

• no problem, I actually kind of like it

• You respond to the question asker then :)

• You should*

Sorry that sounded kind of rude with that typo ._.

• Personally, I prefer it when guys keep their body hair. However, it's your personal choice what to do with your own body.

• I think it's a bit odd, but to each his own. The hair on a man to me is more masculine and I don't mind it.

• KUDOS! I think all that armpit hair is gross!

• If your armpits are smoother than my legs, we have a problem (unless you're water sport athlete). I like my men with hair. Keep the hair neat and clean though, I don't want the Amazon poking out from under.

• Don't really care, but having a little hair would be nice :)

• I don't care what anybody does with their body hair. Seriously.

• It wouldn't be a deal breaker, but it would be odd.

• I don't care either way. Do what you like, it's your hair.

:)

• eekkk nooo ..keep the hair there! its manly to have hairy armpits..or else ill be thinking your trying to compete with me! ha ha grow it back! :)

• I don't mind.They're your armpits. :)

• I don't mind it..I prefer it over a really hairy armpit any day lol...trimmed is good too

• kinda odd but you can do what ever you want

• It would be kinda weird to me.

• I don't like the fact that you shaved because others do, I don't like followers.

I am okay with a guy without armpit hair if that is what he feels comfortable with.

I prefer men with armpit hair because it feels more manly.

• Lol its really weird because I like them hairy everywhere else but the armpits. Hairy armpits are just yuck imo. But I can tolerate. I prefer the beards and staches to be hairy lol.

• Pretty funny! I imagine that'd be an unusual combination--hairy guy with shaven pits...I suppose I'd do it if that's what my girlfriend really wanted, but (as most of the answerers above seem to agree) I'd feel fairly uncomfortable

• I think it's great! It's more hygienic.

• Is it weird that I don't care one way or the other? because I don't, really.

• I think that is a little weird.

• trimming is OK, not smooth.

• shave away! lol we love it. but armpit hair on a guy is something idc about typically, but if their swimmers or something I dnt wana c 5 inches of hair sticking out every time they lift their arms

• I don't mind :) proberly smell better

• Yay ^_^ I think hairy armpits are kinda gross lol especially if it's sweaty ugh

• thats what I thought lol hairy armpits would smell bad

• I actually like armpit hair on a man but if he is happy with shaving it then I don't have a problem, I'd like it either way.

• Trimming is good. What do I think about men who shave their armpits. It does not bother me if they have hair or not. That is their hair.

• i wouldn't mind it but I would find it odd yes.

• I really don't care. Shaving to me is inconsequential. If a guy shaved his armpits, I'd think it a little odd, because I have not encountered a guy who does, but I don't think it would cross my mind for but a moment. Hairless is fine, and so is hairy, though hairy armpits seem manly to me! (Which I like..)

But again, it depends on the girl.

• More from Girls
    43

What Guys Said 5

• I figger they pee sitting down

• I started trimming mine when I was, idk, mid-late 20's. Someone told me it radically cut down on smell. They were correct. Magically, 24 hour deodorant actually works for 24 hours.

The hair is probably there specifically to absorb and slowly release odor so we can recognize each others' scent as we wander the savannah.

• You shave to, because some other men at the gym don't have armpit hair? I think that's sort of tag along behavior... I really don't understand why men would shave their pits. Seems kind of unnecessary, and feminine to me. Women save body hair and try to be smooth and soft. Men are usually a little rough around the edges and hard. That's why you're going to the gym right? To get big and strong, hard and chiseled, not to get an avocado facial and your nails done... =S

• I think they should have been born a woman. If your going to act like one then might as well be 1.

• Kinda gay