What do you think about men who shave their armpits?

i go to gym. some men don't have armpits hair. so I shave too. what do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• awesome just keep shaving

What Girls Said 72

• I rather a guy with shaved armpits...than a guy who looks like he is growing a forest under his arms.

I like a guy with shaved/trimmed armpits.

If the guy has hair under it (and it isn't wild) then that's fine too.

• KUDOS! I think all that armpit hair is gross!

• I don't like the fact that you shaved because others do, I don't like followers.

I am okay with a guy without armpit hair if that is what he feels comfortable with.

I prefer men with armpit hair because it feels more manly.

• Personally, I prefer it when guys keep their body hair. However, it's your personal choice what to do with your own body.

• I think it's a bit odd, but to each his own. The hair on a man to me is more masculine and I don't mind it.

• Yay ^_^ I think hairy armpits are kinda gross lol especially if it's sweaty ugh

• thats what I thought lol hairy armpits would smell bad

• If your armpits are smoother than my legs, we have a problem (unless you're water sport athlete). I like my men with hair. Keep the hair neat and clean though, I don't want the Amazon poking out from under.

• It's sort of a feminine act so unless it was for a specific sport, like swimming, I'd think it a bit odd. I like masculinity, men have hair, it's part of being a man, I'm OK with that.

• Kinda weird to me, not really a turn-on, nor turn-off. But I prefer men with body hair. But, they can do what they want! It's their body.

• I think its great, lol. To be honest I'm not sure if I can deal with hairy pits lol! Especially when sweaty lol!

• Lol its really weird because I like them hairy everywhere else but the armpits. Hairy armpits are just yuck imo. But I can tolerate. I prefer the beards and staches to be hairy lol.

• Pretty funny! I imagine that'd be an unusual combination--hairy guy with shaven pits...I suppose I'd do it if that's what my girlfriend really wanted, but (as most of the answerers above seem to agree) I'd feel fairly uncomfortable

• If they're a competitive swimmer, then I see no issue with it.

• Gay? Odd? I think it is a good thing to do.

It means cleaning not acting like a woman, everyone shave !

I mean hair armpit brings bad smell, bad smell is disgusting, I find it disgusting in my own self then how about in a man?

Look if you have hairy arms, that is fine, hairy legs that's fine but hairy armpits? You will Smell bad.

• I don't care what anybody does with their body hair. Seriously.

• I really don't care. Shaving to me is inconsequential. If a guy shaved his armpits, I'd think it a little odd, because I have not encountered a guy who does, but I don't think it would cross my mind for but a moment. Hairless is fine, and so is hairy, though hairy armpits seem manly to me! (Which I like..)

But again, it depends on the girl.

• It wouldn't be a deal breaker, but it would be odd.

• I don't care either way. Do what you like, it's your hair.

:)

• Don't really care, but having a little hair would be nice :)

• I would think I'm looking at a 12 year old boy who's balls haven't dropped yet.

• eekkk nooo ..keep the hair there! its manly to have hairy armpits..or else ill be thinking your trying to compete with me! ha ha grow it back! :)

• I think it's great! It's more hygienic.

• I actually like armpit hair on a man but if he is happy with shaving it then I don't have a problem, I'd like it either way.

• shave away! lol we love it. but armpit hair on a guy is something idc about typically, but if their swimmers or something I dnt wana c 5 inches of hair sticking out every time they lift their arms

• I don't mind.They're your armpits. :)

• I don't mind it..I prefer it over a really hairy armpit any day lol...trimmed is good too

• Trimming is good. What do I think about men who shave their armpits. It does not bother me if they have hair or not. That is their hair.

• Is it weird that I don't care one way or the other? because I don't, really.

• trimming is OK, not smooth.

• It would be kinda weird to me.

• Did you shave yours because some man don't have them?

• no..i don't like armptis hair personally..thats why too

• Then it's alright to continue shaving,as long as it makes you happy. Do not follow trend just because they are what others is doing. Good luck!

• More from Girls
    42

What Guys Said 5

• I started trimming mine when I was, idk, mid-late 20's. Someone told me it radically cut down on smell. They were correct. Magically, 24 hour deodorant actually works for 24 hours.

The hair is probably there specifically to absorb and slowly release odor so we can recognize each others' scent as we wander the savannah.

• I figger they pee sitting down

• You shave to, because some other men at the gym don't have armpit hair? I think that's sort of tag along behavior... I really don't understand why men would shave their pits. Seems kind of unnecessary, and feminine to me. Women save body hair and try to be smooth and soft. Men are usually a little rough around the edges and hard. That's why you're going to the gym right? To get big and strong, hard and chiseled, not to get an avocado facial and your nails done... =S

• I think they should have been born a woman. If your going to act like one then might as well be 1.

• Kinda gay